Chapter 22. Her Purity!

At the reception hall

"How he can take her to his house? She is supposed to be in here, with her family!" Mr. Naik was screaming on top of his voice.

Mr. Barve tried to tell him that she was kidnapped and was jolted at the event. So, Harish was in a way trying to calm her.

At that, Mrs. Naik got up from her seat shouting

"Calming her! what do you mean by calming her?! She is not a kid that she needs to be calmed like this! and that too, in his apartment! Shameless! Humph!!"

"Mind your words! you are talking about my sister!" Hardik jolted at her insulting words.

"Oh, is it! Your sister, huh! Who is right now, alone with your brother in his apartment! God knows what unholy things they might be doing there!!!" One of the Naik family members marched at him for his words.

"What nonsense! He is her friend and he is doing his duty of taking care of her! that is what friends are for!" Rashmi charged at the women's stupid words. She was stopped by Hardik on time before she could have slapped the immature lady.

Rashmi had reached the venue to handle the situation and make them understand the reason why Harish had to cancel their trip.

The Barve and Joshi family were trying their level best to make the Naik's understand the dilemma that Pia had gone through but it was all falling on deaf ears.

Their being conversative was not the issue for their foolish words but the Naik family were downright narrow minded.

They managed to insult the Barve's for their forwarded upbringing.

Akash couldn't take it any longer and approached Abhishek who was quiet the whole time.

"Abhi, tell them that your Pia is not like this! how can they say such things about her!" Abhishek looked at his face and spoke

"Why didn't she call me?" Akash was speechless at his words and looked at Priyanka to help him.

"She didn't want to tense you, maybe that's why?" Priyanka tried to convince him who just scoffed at her answer.

"I am her fiancé. She should trust me more than...* inhaling deeply*. If you are in trouble the first instinct is to call the person you trust. And...I think...that is exactly what she did. So, basically...*scoff* she doesn't trust me. isn't it, hm?" Abhishek counterquestion the couple who were lost for words.

Abhishek tsked and told his parents to move to their house.

As he made his parents sit in the car, he looked back at the Barve family. He instructed the driver and approached them with a serious gaze.

He went to Mr. Barve and told him clutching his hands "I will wait for her in the mandapa at the muhurat time. If she comes, we will get married. If not... then you can forget this wedding,"

He then gave a poker face to the rest of the family members making his decision and walked off from the venue.

Hardik and Rashmi felt bad for Pia as she didn't deserve this from her future husband and his family.

Pradeep Barve was in a trauma as in how all this happened to his daughter.

Priyanka sat with her father trying to console him.

Akash assured him that he will personally go to Harish's apartment and bring her to the mandapa for the wedding.