Merman?

So int his AU, Pirates and Mermaids exist.  Mermaids ae endangered for overhunting, but there is a secret civilization of them in the deep ocean.  What happens when the price, the next heir to the throne, gets a little too close to the shore.

BakuDeku

Izuku Midoriya.  The next heir to the mighty city of Atlantis where all the merfolk left live.  Their species is incredibly endangered.  There are about 500 merfolk in the city.  Izuku is in charge of gathering seaweed/kelp for the city to eat.

He usually goes to a patch of kelp about a mile off from the city, but humans have been getting closer and closer.  Some merfolk have been resorting to the old ways of drowning humans that get too close to their territory.

Izuku was about a mile off from shore, near a small rock island that has a patch of kelp near it. He was at the bottom, pulling the kelp out by its roots. 

But the current was loud enough to cover up the loud sounds of a boat engine. The Captain, Katsuki Bakugo, and his right hand man, Eijiro Kirishima, were looking down over the side of the boat to find a mermaid.  They were very scarce these past months.

Eijiro saw someone on the other side of a small rock island climb up the side he was on. The mystery boy brought a fist full of kelp strands up out of the water and onto the surface.

"Capin', I think you'll wanna see this..."

Katsuki walked over to the side of the boat Eijiro was on while signaling to his crew to stop the boat.  He looked over to where Eijiro was poi ting, and a boy with green fluffy hair, matching eyes, and freckles everywhere rise up over the side of the small rock island, and just like before, put a fist full of kelp onto the rock. 

He seemed to notice the two pirtes staring at him, so he looked up.  The boy looked shocked for a second, and then dipped down so all the pirates could see was his eyes, fingertips, and the top of his head.

The pirates stepped onto the rock, and the boy dived back under the water, and the humans gasped when they saw a green, glittering tail flick out of the water for a moment. 

Katsuki leaped forward, and frabbed the spot where the boy's fins connected to the bottom of his tail.  The boy thrashed as Katki pulled him out of the water.

The boy squirmed and tried to get back to the water, but Katsuki's hold was tight and non-faltering.

"W-what do you w-want from m-me," Izuku asked scared for his life.

"Oh, so you can speak," Katsuki said with wonder.

"Y-yes, now l-let me go t-to get food f-for my f-family," Izuku begged. He shut his eyes and whispered, "Please..."

"Why should I?" Katsuki asked as Izuku started crying. 

"P-please... They're a-all I have," Izuku pleaded.

He assumed Katsuki was half deaf because he dragged the poor merman onto his boat, and threw him under the deck where it was slightly flooded. 

Izuku was panting from the struggling and the shock of this rude man.  Then he abated to wonder...

Would he ever see his family again?

Words: 587

Hey, hoped you enjoyed chapter 1 of this oneshot book.  I know it says oneshots, but this one is quite a long story... sorry 😅.