someone else is coming

Start from the beginning

"From the East?" she wondered to herself. The voice sounded so familiar.

Denise stood up, not knowing whether or not to fear. It was all she had been doing since she arrived. All she did was run away and obey threats but how far had that taken her?

And more importantly...

"How the fucking hell am I supposed to run away from a voice?" Denise muttered to herself.

She thought about it for two seconds before raising her hands in surrender. She added more wood to the fire and got into her tree and slept.

When she woke up, the sun was up as well. The ground was dry and her sleep had not been disturbed at all. The fire had gone off the the stones but were still warm.

Having not eaten before, she focused on the meat. She pulled it out of the ashes and cracked the churred exterior. After completely removing the soil, she removed the leaves as well. They had gained a darker color after being baked.

The meat inside was soft and a little salty. It wasn't the best she had eaten but it was all she had to eat so she dug in until she couldn't anymore.

There after, she rewrapped the meat and stored it in her tree for later. Then she went right to the wolf.

She found him on top of his cave where he normally laid the skins to dry. Denise couldn't understand why he had so many skins and never used them to cover himself.

He was in his wolf form and was looking in a particular direction with smoldering intensity.

"Hey!" she started, "uhm. Do you know East?"

She had a good number of questions to ask but settled for that.

So Denise had been trying to figure out the whole mysterious voice thing and she finally chanced a plot twist!

"Wait! Where's East?"

Whoever thought they could be all sneaky and mysterious around her totally missed the mark.

Her compass was permanently set to "confused AF". If the sun didn't rise from the East, she wouldn't be able to tell it apart from west, let alone north and south. Safe to say her cardinal compass was about as reliable as a public Wi-Fi connection.

The wolf glanced at her before jumping down the roof and morphing into a man.

"East?" he asked.

Denise was slightly surprised. She was mostly sure that he would ignore her.

"Where the sun rises from. Like the position of the sun in the morning," she explained.

He was silent for a moment before pointing in a particular direction beyond his cave.

"In the morning, a shadow is cast at the entrance of my cave. In the evening, the sun peeks into it," he explained then asked, "if that's east, then what's the other?"

Denise's mouth nearly fell open.

Denise; ὸ.ό

When did he ever talk that much?