Underground Power

Start from the beginning

As for Laaze's face, I've been frequently visiting the black market when I can and found an elixir that can restore a person's appearance. No one can recognise her now.

"Do all of you remember the plan?" I say.

"Yes."

"Good."

I walk to the wall of the dungeon and press an array hidden among the bricks. The circular complex drawing of mana glows and ejects out, vanquishing all lighting and descending the void.

"Leave through the hidden passage at the end of the corridor, I will keep the guards busy," I say.

They nod and run past me.

I stroll through the darkness, circulating mana within my eyes.

Flocks of footsteps haphazardly get louder from above.

I pull out my face mask from my storage ring and wrap it around my face. Afterwards, I change out of my uniform and wear a simple black hooded coat.

*Pat pat pat!*

Immense light shines from beyond the corridor.  A group of officers travel through the dungeon with a mage casting sight on the path.

Suddenly, the light goes out.

!!!

"W-What?" The mage exclaims.

*BAM!*

"ARGHH!"

Someone attacks the group in the dark, taking out the officers bit by bit.

When the mage manages to reconnect the magic, all of his allies are down on the floor unconscious.

"D-Damn it."

He steps back and bumps into something behind.

Before he notices, something clashes with his nape, knocking him out.

*Thud!*

"Phew..." I let out a breath and rub the dirt off my hands.

"Major disturbance coming from D1 cells, all units head for D1." a magic transmission that I intercepted echoed throughout the dungeon.

More footsteps roar towards my location from both ends of the corridor.

Two major groups of blue uniform officers cage me and block my way out. Their gleaming appearance unravels the darkness.

"You are surrounded, surrender peacefully." one officer says.

I gesture at them to attack me.

They grip their weapon tightly. The mages behind buffs the forward vanguards and they charge in.

However, in an instant, I run past the vanguards to the mages.

!!

*BAM! BAM! BAM!*

Nobody could catch up to my speed. One blink and every mage from one side is down.

Ignoring the valiant officers trying to defend their weak backline, I rush through the forwards and once again destroy the mages on the other end, humiliating the group.

"All officers hold your position, the captains are approaching." a magic transmission says.

Captains...

"My liege, we've escaped." Haren's voice echoes in my head.

"Alright."

I go ahead and knock out all remaining officers and head for the hidden passage, leaving the dungeon.

Melissa barely missed the intruder as she stops before a corridor littered with unconscious bodies. "Shit! Secure the perimeter, the target has escaped," she says.

==================================

"Alright...how is everyone?" I ask when we managed to slip past the patrolling officers. We are now on the outskirts of Haeru, within a cave of a towering mountain.

Everyone is panting and sweaty but I feel moderately fine.

"None of us sustained any injuries."

I smile. "That's good."

A communication orb vibrates within my coat. "Arsto." Liam's voice ejects.

"I'm here," I say after taking out the orb.

"Everyone is here at Libra."

"I see. Thank you for gathering everyone. I had some issues but I will be there soon." I reply.

It's been some time since I last saw everyone. I wonder how much they've grown. I can't wait to meet them.