Chapter 45: The Bookstore (Vol. 2 Prologue)

Start from the beginning

Tuckson: Thanks. Picked up a few more than I could handle.

Y/n: How did you even manage that?

Tuckson: I've been doing this a long time, I got good at hauling books.

We set the books down on the beside the counter. We were going to have to sort through them and organize them after we get the rest. I don't know why Tuckson kept getting shipments when the show room in itself looked like a storage room with how many books were stuffed in here. It was a organized mess if there ever was such a thing.

Y/n: It's been slow today. You sure you don't want any help bringing the books up front?

Tuckson: Yeah actually, I'm almost done but my back is starting to ache.

Y/n: Getting old sucks, doesn't it Tuckson?

Tuckson: Hey now, I'm only thirty-four and you'll be my age before you know it!

We laughed as we made our way to the back. Opening the storage room, I noticed that Tucksons' definition of almost done was about five more hauls like the one he had carried into the show room. It wouldn't take long with the two of us taking a reasonable amount of books out instead of the giant stacks he's got. I picked up about half of the stack he had built up and hauled them to the show room. Working at a steady pace we were down to the last stack.

Tuckson: Hold up, lets take a breather.

Y/n: What? Age catching up already?

Tuckson: No, lay off with the old jokes!

We shared a laugh before he continued.

Tuckson: You've been a major help these last few weeks, and with school starting back up, its a shame todays your last day.

Y/n: That's just how things are, Beacon isn't the kind of place that opens up the possibility of a part-time job during the semester.

Tuckson: I'd say, I flunked out because of it. That being said, you know that I have the newest textbooks in stock. If you ever need them, your welcome to them at a discount.

Y/n: I'd appreciate that. If I flunk, I'll know exactly where to come for a job.

Tuckson: I'm trying to keep you from flunking kid....

I laughed at him before he picked up another massive stack of books. Just as he was about to walk out, we heard the bell on the counter ding. We both let out a annoyed sigh. People would show up right as he has a handful of books.

Tuckson: Check the list of books with the last stack and make sure its correct, I'll bring these out and deal with the customer.

Y/n: Got it.

I grabbed the clipboard from off of the stack. Working my way through the stack, I was interrupted by Tuckson shouting. I didn't bother setting the clipboard down and started walking to the front. Seconds later, my blood ran cold.