Chapter 44.

AONUNG

I sit on our bed, watching Akoya pace around our hut. The afternoon light is streaming in, gleaming off the beads of her top as she turns to me.

"What should I wear?"

"I don't know," I say honestly. "It's just a beach party-"

"And should the future Tsahìk and Olo'Eyktan be attending a beach party, when I guess some pretty unusual stuff might happen?" Akoya asks, smiling.

"Yes, because they can do whatever they want," I say, rolling over so I'm on my back now.

"Well, I'm just going to change my top, so turn around."

"Why," I complain, smiling, and Akoya swats my head.

She turns instead, and I can see the slight muscles in her back moving as she slides away her top and puts on a new one.

"Can you tie this for me?" She asks, moving over and holding the top against her chest.

I hold her hair up, before whispering gently, "Only if you promise it'll come off later."

"Skxawng," Akoya grumbles, but she wraps her legs around my waist and pulls me into a kiss.

"Koy! Aonung!" I hear Tsireya call from outside. "I'm not coming in, but you'd better be dressed and ready to go right now."

"Of course we're dressed Reya," I grumble, moving out of the hut to glare at my sister, Akoya still wrapped around me.

"Let go of him," Lo'ak laughs at his sister. "Can we finally go?"

"How long were you waiting?" Akoya says suspiciously as we move along the beach to the party.

"Long enough," Tsireya laughs, linking arms with Koy and pulling her ahead.

I can see them laughing and gossiping as they saunter arm in arm along the beach. I nod at Lo'ak. 

Our relationship has improved a lot; I've gone hunting with him and Neteyam a few times, and whilst they were originally very protective of Akoya, they've grown to approve of me.

"Koy!" Zei'ke calls when we reach the party, and he instantly moves over to hug her. "How was your homeynoon?"

"Honeymoon," I correct instantly, and Akoya laughs.

"It was good, um," she darts a look at me, and doesn't continue, but I wonder what Akoya would have told Zei'ke about our break. 

"I need your help," Zei'ke whispers urgently, flushing a little.

"With what?" Koy says, grabbing his hand.

"I wanted to ask Neteyam to do something," Zei'ke says a little awkwardly, and Akoya and I share an excited, knowing glance.

"You should take him hunting, and ask him how to shoot a bow. Then he can teach you, and maybe go to the forest, he'll be excited to show you around."

"Great, thank you," Zei'ke says happily, hugging Akoya and moving off to go find Neteyam somewhere in the party.

"I'm gonna go see a couple friends," Akoya says, moving my hands off her waist, which I hadn't even noticed I was hugging.

"Okay, I'll see you soon?"

"Of course skxawng," she laughs, and she leaves with Tsireya and Lo'ak.

I spend about an hour chatting with some of the guys, avoiding talk of Akoya, as they all seem infuriatingly curious about our relationship.

In particular, about our honeymoon, and whatever we did on it.

"So? What was it like?"

"Is she good?"