Chapter 18.

"Eywa, you look like shit!"

"Watch your fucking mouth," I growl, swatting at Lo'ak and sitting up.

My head is pounding, and my memories are hazy. I can vividly remember everything up to standing with Zei'ke during the party. I remember the fight in the morning, and my conversation with Aonung before the celebrations. Shit. Why had I let myself become so flirty with that annoying skxawng.

"Watch your own," Lo'ak grins back, but he pulls me to my feet and leads on over to wash my face. "You drank quite a lot sis."

"Sis? Are you five years old? Don't call me that."

"Sorry, Tuk likes being called that."

"Well I'm not seven," I retort. "Eywa, what did I do last night?"

"What didn't you do," Lo'ak laughs. "You drank and did an assload of dancing, especially with Tsireya. You danced with a few guys as well, and I thought Aonung was going to-"

"Aonung? What does he have to do with anything?"

Lo'ak just rolls his eyes and walks away. I run after him, but before I can interrogate my idiot brother more, Kiri walks into the hut and stops me.

"Koy, drink this," she says handing me a cup. I wrinkle my nose at the mud-like concoction inside.

"Um... why?"

"It's gonna help with... all that," Kiri says, her eyes roving pointedly over my pounding head and drooping eyes. I scowl but drink it, and annoyingly, it all instantly fades.

"What are we doing today?" I ask Kiri, changing my clothes, which luckily were the same ones from last night, because I at least recall someone unknown bringing me back.

"We're going to the forest. Lo'ak wants to show Tsireya how to climb trees, and Tuk wants to show Rotxo those weird bead things she made last time we went to your hut, and the parents said we could spend the night there."

"Hey," I protest, turning around once I've changed. "That's my hut. You guys can't just turn up and sleep there when you feel like it."

"Well we are, so you can come or not," Kiri says, sticking her tongue out. 

"So Rotxo's coming," I say instead of arguing, smirking at my twin. 

"Yeah, why?"

"Seems like you two get along well," I prompt.

"He's just nice, a good friend," Kiri says, and I link arms with her as we walk out of the hut to go meet the others. 

"Sure sure, but I've seen the way he looks at you."

"How," Kiri asks, a little eagerly.

"Like you're the most beautiful, stunning, breathtaking person he's ever seen. Which makes me feel very good."

"Shut up, we're not completely identical. I was the one he was looking at," Kiri laughs.

"So you looooove him," I say, leaping onto her in a strangling hug. Kiri protests, but I simply cling to my twin so she has no choice but piggy back me all the way to the beach where everyone's waiting.

"Is someone still drunk," Lo'ak asks amusedly. I snap my head up and glare at him.

"What?" Tuk demands incredulously, and Aonung and I make to cover her ears at the same time. 

Our synchronicity and the way our hands accidentally brush seems like some cringy moment from those human movies Norm kept in the labs, that Kiri and I would sneak in to watch. But I ignore the twist in my stomach. Twist of annoyance.