Chapter 1.

OOTD:

OOTD:

FIRST CHAPTER :) Enjoy <3

I lay on the soft ground, allowing the feathery grass to ripple leisurely over me in gentle waves, a soft breeze pulsing periodically in the still, cool air. I look just slightly different to the other forest people, not odd, but not typical either. My ebony hair flows out behind me, the several braided strands adorned with amber and ivory beads. My large amber eyes are closed, the browner colour coming from my mother's avatar, and long, slim lashes fluttering slightly. My face is slimmer, the darker blue stripes clustered into a shape almost like a flower on my forehead, what may have been thin petals draping down to nearly caress the top of my nose.

I slowly return to myself, forcing myself out of the dreamy, sleepy relaxation and pushing the hair from my eyes. Strange thoughts cross my mind as I run my hand gracefully through the soft blades of grass all around me.

What was happening right now? Why do I feel so uneasy?

I feel the forest whispering around me. I hear murmurings of burning and abandonment and death. I listen to the tales of loss and revenge and victory. And the return.

I don't know how I know, yet it is the same intuition that had guided me throughout my whole life. The Sky People, or humans, had returned to Pandora. There was that unnaturalness that was throwing me off, the knowledge that something else was out there. The humans, with their technology and machinery and carelessness.

The Great Balance was shifting. The peace and recovery that had settled after the victory of the land clans and my father, Toruk Makto, was fading away. I know it. As if Eywa herself is the one singing the strange melodies of war and conflict straight into my mind.

I feels the grass against my back as I lay back down. I feel like I should tell someone this, yet I don't want to return to the Omoticaya village yet. My clan find me odd. They don't like that I'm opinionated and stubborn and rebellious. They don't like that they couldn't scare me, that they had minimal control over me. They tolerate me, as a Sully child, because they weren't about to scorn the daughter of Toruk and Palulukan Makto.

I feel like my place in my family is odd though. I am not biologically their daughter, born from the avatar of Grace Augustine, the scientist who had been so enthralled by the natives of Pandora. The birth of my twin, Kiri, and I had been a complete mystery to both the remaining humans and the Na'vi, yet Jake and Neytiri had taken us both in. We were raised and taught and loved as their own, but there was something different about the two of us.

We were strange, absolutely fascinated by everything, and bad at socialising. We listened more than anyone else, not only to the forest, but to the voices beyond it, the whispers no one else could hear, not that we ever talked about them to others. We were so close, even more than to our brothers or Tuk or Spider. Yet we were different.