The Void Origins: Lucy Harper

Our next origin story begins in Dayton, Ohio.  Once a great well well-functioning city, now reduces to madness.  The real madness takes place inside a single house on the West side of the city.  Inside, a girl gets out of her bed.  She gets dressed, brushes her teeth, and makes sure she looks good for the day.  Once she is done, she walks downstairs to the kitchen.  She sits down at the dinner table.  "There you are.  You late for breakfast!"  The woman yelled.  "Sorry, Mom,"  Lucy replied.  In a shocking twist, Lucy has blonde, braided hair, and wears a cute pink dress.  No emo or psycho written all over her.  "Don't call me Mom!  You know what happened to your real parents."  Ma yelled.  "Sorry, Ma,"  Lucy replied.  She turns around to see her adoptive Dad sleeping on the couch.  "Beer for breakfast again.  When will you ever make him stop?"  Lucy asked.  "He's been struggling ever since his gambling addiction took his entire bank account down.  Let him rot away."  Ma replied.  "Ma.  Do you think I can skip school today?"  Lucy asked.  Ma turns around and slashes her glass of milk all over Lucy's face.  "What did you say to me?!"  Ma yelled.  "I said, can we go to school now,"  Lucy replied ready to cry.  "That's right.  Now shut it, and eat!"  Ma yelled.  As Ma cleans up, Lucy begins to eat.  Slowly, yet sadly. 

At school, she walks inside a place she doesn't want to go inside.  She stands outside the school.  Refusing to move.  "[honks horn].  Get in you pig!"  Ma yelled.  She drives off.  Leaving Lucy all alone.  Right when she gets a chunk of pig poop thrown at her head.  She falls to the ground as people laugh.  There, three girls emerge from the crowd.  All of them walk right up to Lucy.  "Feel at home?"  Girl asked.  "Great.  Stacy, Kate, and Melissa.  Let me guess, pig poop?  [smells it].  Yep.  Classic mean girls."  Lucy replied.  "The girl is not even trying.  What's wrong?  You want to run to mommy and daddy?  Oh, wait.  I forgot.  You don't have any."  Melissa said.  The girls all laugh.  It makes Lucy sad.  "Oh no.  She's crying.  What are you going to do now witch?  You going to make us disappear?"  Stacie taunted.  "[laughs].  Might as well burn her alive so her sadness doesn't wash over us."  Kate mocked.  The girls and class all laugh at Lucy.  Not saying a word, she runs away from them all crying.  All while the students proceed to laugh at her.  "[stops laughing].  Well, that was fun.  Now, nobodies!  Out of our way!"  Melissa yelled.  The girls walk back into the school.  As for Lucy, she washes the pig poop off her head.  As well as wipe off the tears running down her face.  So yeah, this is an average life for Lucy.  Bullying, and harassment.  Once she is done, she makes sure the stalls are all empty.  "Perfect,"  Lucy said.  She locks herself inside one of them.  And thus, she does the unthinkable.  She opens up her book bag and pulls out a needle filled with heroin.  Yes, pure black tape heroin.  She injects it into herself without a belt and gets off on the feeling.  It helps ease her pain and gets her to feel happy.  Already scratching herself. She immediately acts natural when girls walk into the bathroom.  She hides her needle wound and walks out normally.  Passing the girls, who call her a freak.

Sometime later, we are now at lunch.  Melissa, Kate, and Stacy all sit together.  "So we going to Ash's party on Friday?"  Stacy asked.  "Totally!  Heard his college brother was going to be there.  Dude is supposedly a dream to make love with."  Melissa replied.  "We are just fifteen Mel,"  Stacy said.  "Nothing like a little experiment,"  Melissa replied.  "You do you girl,"  Kate said.  Kate turns around and sees Lucy.  She is eating all alone by herself.  "Hey look.  The witch is all alone like always.  Bet I can hit her with this apple."  Kate said.  "Hold off on the freak.  Let's leave her alone for now."  Melissa replied.  "Thought you love to harass her?"  Kate asked.  "I do, but now is not the time.  We conserve our energy, so our next attack is at full force.  Makes it extra impactful for the loser."  Melissa replied.  "Lame.  Remind me, what happened to her real parents again?"  Kate asked.  "They ran this huge meth and heroin operation two years ago.  It went up in flames, killing them both.  Heard Lucy was used as their guinea pig if you know what I mean.  It's clear she didn't have a good life from the start, and it got worse when the Farmers adopted her.  They didn't want a kid, but due to population reasons, they were forced to have Lucy."  Beth replied.  "So we are bullying a trauma addict?"  Kate asked.  "Yes,"  Melissa replied.  "Okay, now that seems pure evil,"  Beth said.  "We only bully her because of what her parents did.  No way I'm letting her get off scot-free."  Melissa replied with vengeance in her eyes.  Back with Lucy.  She is bugging out as she watches the news.  "And in a shocking turn of events, the carjacking in Detroit was finally found, and taken care of brutally.  All of Russel Percy's men, and himself were found dead inside their warehouse.  Police officials found thirty-three bodies.  Ten of which were children's bodies.  While Russel himself was found mauled to death by a car tire, and shot in the head to the point his head exploded."  Reporter reported.  "Whoever did this has a psychotic taste for mayhem.  We will find whoever did this, and bring them to Justice."  Police officer declared.  Lucy laughs at the report not because she thinks it's hilarious.  But because she is tripping out, and already scratching herself.  Seeing all the sights in front of her.  She enjoys it.  That's when she wakes up after Melissa slaps her in the face.  "Wake up time dork!"  Melissa yelled.  Lucy keeps laughing on the ground as the girls watch.  Walking away from Lucy's insanity.  "Why was she laughing?"  Beth asked.  "Have you been deaf this whole time?  She's clearly tripping."  Melissa replied.  "She's still addicted to drugs?"  Beth asked.  "Yep, but don't snitch,"  Kate replied.  "Now I feel worse for doing this.  First, she is her old parent's test subject, then still an addict, then abused at home and here."  Beth said.  "You can be her friend Beth.  Just remember that her parents are responsible for her.  [grabs Beth hard by the arm].  I'm not holding back any longer.  She is going to make up for the pain she gave me."  Melissa replied.  Beth panics as Melissa stares daggers at her.  "Sorry, my apologies.  Lucy deserves to suffer."  Beth said.  "Good,"  Melissa replied smiling.