Kuro Neko 2.0

Just as Jack expected, the news goes bonkers the next day.  From the first headline to number one trending.  It's all about the infamous return of Paris' favorite psychopath.  As for Marinette, she is back in her room with Tikki by her side, and Su Han sitting in front of her.  "Ok, now I know this sounds bad, but hey.  It could be worse."  Su Han said.  "Worse?  How worse can this get?!  First Essence magically comes back from the dead, and now, he has Nooroo and Duusu.  How did he even find them if he barely knew Gabriel?"  Marinette asked worried.  "Easy girl.  Easy.  For real.  He can akumatize you now."  Tikki replied.  "THAT'S THE PROBLEM!  We were all so used to no more akumas.  No more amoks.  No more chaos.  If anything, let Gabriel or Farfalla come back.  NOT ESSENCE!"  Marinette yelled.  "I still am unsure how he came back.  Didn't they find his body?"  Su Han asked.  "They did,"  Marinette replied.  "Then there we go."  Su Han replied.  "Meaning?"  Tikki asked.  "Maybe Essence isn't the dead corpse we think he is.  They found Derek's body correct?  And Essence is back as well right?  So how can a body found, and a body come back to life at the same time?  Exactly!  It's a copycat."  Su Han replied.  "So you think someone is impersonating Essence?"  Tikki asked.  "Yes!  All we need to do is go to the hospital that has his body, make sure it's still there, and then, we have all the proof we need."  Su Han replied.  "That does sound reasonable.  But, we still have tons of issues.  Essence knows every identity of the miraculous holders, and..."  Marinette said before getting interrupted.  "He what?"  Su Han asked getting angry.  "Oh, yeah.  I... might have totally not told you that yet."  Marinette replied.  "Oh.  Ok."  Su Han said calmly.  "You... aren't mad?"  Marinette asked surprised.  "Oh, I am.  [flips Marinette's chair, as she falls to the ground hard].  Now I feel a bit better."  Su Han replied.  "To be fair, it's not her fault.  Essence was recording without her knowing.  She was unaware of what he was doing."  Tikki defended.  "True, but still.  The last person who needs to know a miraculous identity is Essence.  Does he know anyone else's?"  Su Han asked.  "No.  Only the temp heroes.  Cat Noir and I are safe."  Marinette replied.  "[sighs].  You and I are going to have a serious talk.  Victim or not.  We need to talk.  In the meantime, you do your job.  I'll find Essence's body, and report back later."  Su Han said.  He then skips out of Marinette's house to get to work.  "What do we do now?"  Tikki asked.  "First off, let the others keep their miraculous.  I'm not going through that phase again.  Especially since Essence used that to nearly make Cat see me as the villain."  Marinette replied.  "Gotcha,"  Tikki said.  "Right now, until his next attack, we need to do something we should have done sooner,"  Marinette replied.

We cut right to Adrien in his room.  Sitting silent at his desk, as he scrolls online.  Scrolling the news articles of Essence's return.  "So we have to deal with poverty, haters, and your greatest fear?  Worst outcome ever!."  Plagg said.  "Oh come on Plagg.  It's not all bad.  Essence is clearly dead."  Adrien replied now sounding insane.  "Did you take your medication?  Oh wait, you don't take meds.  [clears throat].  Did someone kiss a statue of you, and you went bonkers her?"  Plagg asked. "No. Not at all. This is all just a misunderstanding. What we saw yesterday wasn't the real Essence. Just a mere illusion. Probably my eyes were messed up from all those nasty pigeons." Cat Noir replied. "Yep. He's gone insane." Plagg said. Soon, Adrien's phone rings. He sees it's Marinette. Miraculously, he answers. "Hey, Adrien/Cat Noir. How have you been feeling?" Marinette asked. "Not great. We have to pay rent by the end of next week, and Nathalie's job isn't treating her well. [in a quick flashback, Nathalie gets harassed by customers at the coffee shop where she works. All because of Gabriel]. At this rate, we might have to move to the streets." Adrien replied. "You poor thing. First this, now Essence. [Adrien freezes]. I'm so sorry this had to happen to you." Marinette said with sympathy. "Yep. It's horrible, yet could be worse. Very, very worse." Adrien replied trying to get Essence off his mind. "Well, we will always have your back," Marinette said. "Thanks. I love you." Adrien replied. "Love you too," Marinette said as she gave Adrien a virtual kiss, then hung up. "Ok, let's cut the cheese. You are horrified Essence is back." Plagg demanded. "What do you mean? Did we see his body? His corpse? He is D E A D, Plagg." Adrien replied more scared than ever. "Right, so these articles on Essence, real-life Essence, coming back don't convince you?" Plagg asked knowing Adrien was lying. "We saw the body, we saw him die. Right in front of us even! He's dead. It was all just a fluke." Adrien replied. "That makes... you know what? Your right." Plagg said. "Thank you," Adrien replied happily. Plagg then flies to his little corner in the room. "Continuing to argue is pointless. Just make the kid happy. At least do that." Plagg said to himself. Unknown to both, an invisible clawer spies on them. And it does not take kindly to Adrien's belief in his boss.