Being Roasted by a Chicken

Começar do início

He could have chalked it up to Gaea trying to stop them, or maybe Hazel was right about her curse, he couldn't shake the feeling that something was changing things, and not necessarily for the better.

The best way he could describe it was that the pendulum was swinging too far, whereas normally most of his quests were like balancing acts between good and bad, this one felt like a free fall, he had little to no control, and it bugged him.

He took the small stone out of his pocket, finally realizing that it was actually a garnet of some kind, Of course, he could attribute all his troubles to this thing too, but like he said to Hazel, (Y/N) didn't take curses like that seriously. Though right now, it was beginning to feel like he needed something to blame.

For the time being, (Y/N) decided to blame two people, Phineas, and himself, both of whom had led to (Y/N) doing something he regretted and jeopardizing the entire quest. (Y/N) didn't want to end up hitting the old man, nor running away, but the guy just got under his skin.

He knew the Phineas was wrong, he knew the bitter old man was just trying to hurt him, to lead him down a dark path, just like everything else Gaea threw in his way, but (Y/N) couldn't shake the feeling that no matter how wrong his words were, his sentiments were right.

"And this one doesn't even want to be here. He's scared you'll all get killed and he won't be able to save you. In fact. He doesn't even want his father freed." That one cut deep, because while it wasn't true entirely, it wasn't wrong either.

Some parts of (Y/N) didn't want to save his father, and it wasn't just the parts Gaea was trying to corrupt either, (Y/N) felt the same as Hazel about the subject, part of him didn't want to risk it. Not after he had made everything alright again.

He promised Annabeth he wouldn't leave her again, and that was one promise he didn't want to break...I men, technically, he was bending the rules right now, but that was with her permission, it was different to dying and leaving her alone to grieve for a second time.

He hadn't been back long, and while his vague memories of Elysium were utter bliss, being alive, with his friends was as close to that feeling as he got, he loved his father, and was going to free him without a doubt, but he was cautions that doing that might make that time come to a close.

But he still had so much left to do, so many things he needed to resolve before he went back to wherever he would end up, before that he had to get Percy back to Zoe, and to do that he had to deal with slimy little prophets like Phineas...prophets..."Brain blast." (Y/N) smirked, hobbling towards the direction of the food trucks.

Percy's POV

"We'll need some of your food." Percy shouldered his way around the old man and snatched stuff off the picnic table—a covered bow of Thai noodles in mac-and-cheese sauce, and a tubular pastry that looked like a combination burrito and cinnamon roll.

Before he could lose control and smash the burrito in Phineas's face, Percy said, "Come on, guys." He led his friends out of the parking lot. They stopped across the street. Percy took a deep breath, trying to calm down.

The rain had slowed to a halfhearted drizzle. The cold mist felt good on his face. "That man..." Hazel smacked the side of a bus-stop bench. "He needs to die. Again." It was hard to tell in the rain, but she seemed to be blinking back tears.

Her long curly hair was plastered down the sides of her face. In the gray light, her gold eyes looked more like tin. Percy remembered how confident she'd acted when they first met—taking control of the situation with the gorgons and ushering him to safety.

She'd comforted him at the shrine of Neptune and made him feel welcome at camp. Now he wanted to return the favor, but he wasn't sure how. She looked lost, bedraggled, and thoroughly depressed. Percy wasn't surprised that she had come back from the Underworld.