Losing a Battle Against the Toilet

Start from the beginning

"Frank!" Hazel yelled behind him. "Come on!" The snake sprang at him. It sailed through the air so fast, there wasn't time to nock an arrow. Frank swung his bow and smacked the monster down the hill. It spun out of sight, wailing, "Screeeee!"

Frank felt proud of himself until he looked at his bow, which was steaming where it had touched the snake. He watched in disbelief as the wood crumbled to dust. He heard an outraged hiss, answered by two more hisses farther downhill.

"Not good." (Y/N) commented helpfully, he pat Frank on the back, as if to shock him into moving and said "Run!" Frank didn't need telling twice, dropped his disintegrating bow and ran for the porch. (Y/N) a second ahead of him.

Percy and Hazel pulled them up the steps. When Frank turned, he saw all three monsters circling in the grass, breathing fire and turning the hillside brown with their poisonous touch. One tried to advance cautiously, but (Y/N) punched it and it retreated.

"Ahhh!" He cried in pain, Frank heard a sizzle like burgers on a grill, and looked over, he immediately wished he hadn't, because what he saw was nowhere near as appetizing. (Y/N)'s knuckles were burned with some sort of chemical, almost to the bone.

"Well...That smarts, I hate basilisks" He hissed through gritted teeth. He turned his head to Frank, looking more concerned about Frank's lack of a bow then he was about him lacking flesh, "You okay?" He asked, and Frank could only nod. Staring back at the Basilisks in a daze.

They didn't seem able or willing to come closer to the store, but that wasn't much comfort to Frank, because he wasn't okay. He'd lost his bow. "Your hand." Frank said quietly, (Y/N) shrugged, then regretted moving his arm.

After wincing, he grit his teeth with tears in his eyes and said "Poison won't kill me...I think, she wouldn't make it that easy." He said it as if 'poison' were a person who was after him. Frank was beyond the point of questioning that.

He had bigger worries. "We'll never get out of here," he said miserably. "Then we'd better go in." Hazel pointed to the hand-painted sign over the door: RAINBOW ORGANIC FOODS & LIFESTYLES.

"I was right, they are here, thank the gods. Now you didn't hear this from me, but nobody eat the granola bars." (Y/N) muttered, Frank had no idea what that meant, but it sounded better than flaming poisonous snakes. He followed his friends inside.

As they stepped through the door, lights came on. Flute music started up like they'd walked onto a stage. The wide aisles were lined with bins of nuts and dried fruit, baskets of apples, and clothing racks with tie-dyed shirts and gauzy Tinker Bell-type dresses.

"Yo. Boss lady, you in here?" (Y/N) called out, already wrapping his knuckles with a tie dye shirt. When there was no immediate response, he got worried and quickly picked up the pace, Frank took note of the fact (Y/N)'s hands reached for the sword on his side.

Frank decided it was best to be cautious and did the same, placing his spear at the ready as (Y/N) called out "Fleecy?" Again no response, meaning (Y/N) disappeared into the rows at the back of the shop, and then hopped the counter to go into the staff only area. "Stay here," He told the others.

The ceiling was covered in wind chimes. Along the walls, glass cases displayed crystal balls, geodes, macramé dream catchers, and a bunch of other strange stuff. Incense must have been burning somewhere. It smelled like a bouquet of flowers was on fire.

"Fortune-teller's shop?" Frank wondered. "Hope not," Hazel muttered. Percy leaned against her. He looked worse than ever, like he'd been hit with a sudden flu. His face glistened with sweat. "Sit down..." he muttered. "Maybe water."

"Yeah," Frank said. "Let's find you a place to rest." The floorboards creaked under their feet. Frank navigated between two Neptune statue fountains. A girl popped up from behind the granola bins. "Help you? Did someone call me?"