Giving Berth and Getting Schist Done

Start from the beginning

Hazel didn't seem to hear him, he wanted to shout at her, scream at her that she was dreaming, chase after her even, if he could. But he never got the chance, his feet were rooted to the floor, literally, sinking like quicksand, he almost panicked, until he felt himself shake.

For a moment, he was face to face with that figure again, the shadow that haunted him ll his life, and for that same moment, he felt nothing but dread. Wondering if this was how he'd die. It was an outside source that saved him.

He woke up again, this time, as Frank shook Hazel, Percy shook (Y/N), "Hey, you with us man?" He asked after (Y/N)'s eyes stopped rolling into the back of his head, and (Y/N) took a moment to collect himself, then nodded.

"What's wrong with her?" Frank said desperately, looking back with pleading eyes, "Nothing...I think." (Y/N) said confidently, "I think it's a side effect of...stuff." Frank frowned at him for not being helpful.

"She'll wake up soon, we need to get her on the ground, having dirt under her might help." (Y/N) explained, reasoning that even if Gaea was their enemy, Pluto wasn't, and for a child of Pluto, being in Neptune's realm can't be any good.

She would wake up. He told himself, she had to. In the meantime, they had to get her somewhere safe, that was now their top priority. "Can you find us somewhere to park?" (Y/N) asked Percy, who seemed offended and said "Berth, but sure."

After a long while of Frank trying to reach Hazel, and Percy silently judging him, (Y/N)'s eyes came in handy. Peering through the darkness, he saw something cresting the horizon that the night would have hidden from the others.

"There." He pointed through the dark, Percy's head turned to it suddenly, and like a speedboat their little bucket of bolts took off towards it, "A lighthouse. Perfect." He said barely looking, (Y/N) smirked, he forgot about Percy being a living compass.

"Can't we just wake her up?" Frank asked. "No, I'm not sure we can if we wanted to, plus I don't know much about what's going on but I imagine it'll be like trying to wake someone from a sleepwalking. It could be bad for her. I wouldn't risk doing that until we have no choice." (Y/N) said.

"So what do we do then?" Frank asked as Percy launched the boat like a rocket towards some shore somewhere. "There's nothing we can do." (Y/N) said, when Frank looked like he was about to cry, (Y/N) was forced to elaborate.

"What I mean is, I tried to wake her before she got too deep into it. But now she's fully immersed I say the best thing to do is let her ride it out. "And what is it exactly?" Percy asked. His eyes keenly scanning for somewhere to park the boat near land.

(Y/N) sighed. "That isn't really for me to tell. Once Hazel wakes up, I'm sure she'll tell you." "But you knew this could happen?" Frank asked. He nodded. "Yeah Nico and I have seen her do it once before-

"-And you didn't warn us?" "Like I said. Not my story to tell you. If Hazel didn't mention anything about it why should I?" There was a tense silence after that exchange, only filled by their boat chopping through the waves.

As soon as they hit the dock, Percy jumped out the boat and tied it off with some complex looking knot that even with all his time as a pirate, would have stumped (Y/N) just as bad as the Gordian knot.

(Y/N) looked up at the lighthouse looming over them, "One of us should check it's safe." (Y/N) reasoned, "I'm not leaving Hazel." Frank said firmly, Percy clapped (Y/N) on the back, "Well, I have to stay with the boat, so have fun." (Y/N) sighed, "Typical."

Hazel's POV

"Hazel!" Frank shook her arms, sounding panicked. "Come on, please! Wake up!" She opened her eyes. The night sky blazed with stars. The rocking of the boat was gone. She was lying on solid ground, her bundled sword and pack beside her.