P

"Please forgive me," the saleswoman would always say to the customers who treated her with contempt.

During the few times she raised her head, I found myself staring at her. She was not exceptionally stunning, but she was captivatingly lovely. Hearts on her sleeves and feelings bare on her face.

She was someone whom Humility would be proud of.

Every move was careful not to disturb others. Every word was laced with her heartfelt emotions. Considerate and nice, she let others come before her.

'Foolish girl', I would think.

But oh so lovely.

My eyes kept searching for her and my mind was running with thoughts when watching her respect others but be disrespected in return. Only receiving more respect once in a while.

"You're so nice, Aeri," her coworker told her, handing her sweets. "I'm sometimes worried about you, but I admire you a lot."

Aeri smiled, saying she was not all that.

Her words were genuine.

Her parents never asked for her forgiveness after wasting her salary on useless things, and her boyfriend never asked how she was after a long day of work. Both emphasized their own life and issues, belittling her whenever she gave a hint of sadness.

I watched them...

And I wanted to listen to her worries for once.