Bringing a Wire to a Lovers Tryst

Start from the beginning

As (Y/N) debated whether or not to tell her, Annabeth gave him a look that made him want to spill all his secrets and he caved. "Ares sent him on a quest to find my dad. We haven't left yet, but he has to go."

"(Y/N) we can find your father together-" She tried to argue, but he shook his head, "No, no that's not what I mean. This is important, to make peace, I can feel it, he needs to be here a little longer, to do this for them."

"Why?" She asked and he frowned, "I don't know. You know what this stuff is like Annabeth, we always get the answers at the last minute. But I need you to trust me." He said, staring into her eyes. Pleading for her to listen without saying a word.

There was the smallest hint of a pause until she said, "Of course I trust you. If you think that this is for the best...I'll believe you." He smiled and kissed her as a form of gratitude, but the twinkle in her eye told him something.

"And no. You can't go to Clovis and get him to spy on us the whole time." (Y/N) said, she sighed, "You know me too well..." She kissed him again, "I won't remember this part of the dream, without Clovis here." She lamented.

"Well, no, but I'll remember to check you for a wire next time..." He smirked, kissing her nose and then her neck, she giggled. "Sounds like fun, but enough trying to distract me, time's nearly up anyway, I'm too tired to keep going."

"Just remember that you trust me." He said as she began to fade into the blurry backgrounds of his dream, that he didn't focus on because she was here. The final words he remembered hearing before he woke up were, "I'll always trust you."

He woke up suddenly, forgetting about his dream quickly, but still remembering one thing. "Iris stop that message!" He woke up shouting, alarming several of his cohort members as he did. All he could do was hope that his R.O.F.L. employer got the message before it was too late.

(Y/N) guiltily loomed at the photograph pinned to his wall. Annabeth smiled back at him, and for a moment he debated if he was doing the right thing, keeping Percy separated from his brother, then he looked around the room and saw several of his bunker mates were holding weapons, ready to pounce.

That settled it. (Y/N) sprang up from his bed, nearly tripping over his discarded armor from the night before and found Percy's bunk. (Y/N) was about to shake him awake, but then a huge wave of sickness hit him.

He knew it wasn't just from standing up too fast, as Percy laid there, (Y/N) almost grabbed him by the shoulders, but a shiver ran down his spine, and he remembered, his father was the god of gentle death. Waiting at the end of people's beds was his forte.

Even if Percy couldn't die right now, (Y/N) trying to wake him up from a dream might make it so that would be the last thing he'd do. So, after a deep breath, and a quiet apology to his bunk mates, (Y/N) just shouted "PERCY!"

Percy's POV

Percy slept like a medusa victim—which is to say, like a rock. He hadn't crashed in a safe, comfortable bed since...well, he couldn't even remember. Despite his insane day and the million thoughts running through his head, his body took over and said: You will sleep now

He had dreams, of course. He always had dreams, but they passed like blurred images from the window of a train. He saw a curly-haired faun in ragged clothes running to catch up with him. "I don't have any spare change," Percy called.

"What?" the faun said. "No, Percy. It's me, Grover! Stay put! We're on our way to find you. Tyson is close—at least we think he's the closest. We're trying to get a lock on your position." "What?" Percy called, but the faun disappeared in the fog.

Then Zoe was running along beside him, reaching out her hand. "Thank the gods!" she called. "For months and months we couldn't see you! Are you all right?" Percy remembered what Juno had said—for months he has been slumbering, but now he is awake.