Arguing in a Flower Crown

Start from the beginning

He remembered what Zoe had said, about her memory fading as soon as she left the borders of camp, and then came back, well now the same feeling was taking hold of him, as soon as he dragged Percy out the little Tiber.

His head was getting fuzzier, ever since he had seen Percy, it was like his body had suddenly decided, "Hey you know those years you spent at camp? You need to forget those now." As much as he tried not to forget.

He clicked his fingers in front of his own face, talking to himself as he walked down towards the training area. "Remember, the mist is trying to stop you, but you're in enemy territory, you need to focus!"

He remembered his training, Lou Ellen's mantra for getting over his mental blocks. "Magic doesn't control me, I control magic," He said, focusing on the feeling of rushing wind around him, imagining it was like a giant leaf blower, pushing the mist from his face.

He took a deep breath, and put his hands on Gleam and Glimmer, "These were forged by a Greek demigod, created with a Greek metal, named by a Greek warrior, and they slay Greek monsters. I slay Greek monsters, because I'm a Greek demigod too..."

As he was muttering to himself, trying to focus on who he really was, and why he was really here, he saw his gaggle of side projects, that Reyna had appointed him, clearly so she could ascertain his fighting skill, and counter them. He walked up to their faux leader as he shouted instructions.

"Move it Larry!" (Y/N) shouted, patting him on the back and accidentally pushing the guy down into the arena, ok, it was only sort of an accident, but the others glared at him, "Let's just get this over with." One of them mumbled, already flinching.

(Y/N) frowned at that for a moment, but quickly collected himself, remembering why he was here, and that his friend was still waiting for him. "Oh, don't worry, you aren't fighting me today."

(Y/N) bent down and grasped some of the sand beneath him, which was meant to soften any falls in the arena. Though with demigods fighting in it, it might as well have been asphalt. "No single combat for today."

"As for your sparring partner for today. You guys need to learn to work together, so I brought a friend to help us train." (Y/N) stood up, and as he did another soul rose with him, spurred by the urge to accept a new challenge.

A towering figure of muscle that dwarfed most men, covered head to toe in bloodstained armor and with a menacing smile on his face. "Everyone, say hello to Flamma, one of the greatest gladiators of all time."

"He won around...what was it? Thirty something fights," Flamma nodded "He's also promised to go easy on you...if you give him a good fight. So work together, try to kill him, and most of all, try to learn something, otherwise, what's the point?" He asked as he passed the spirit a sword.

"How are we meant to kill him if he'd dead?" Someone asked. "Not my problem" (Y/N) shrugged. "Get creative. Work together, I'm sure he's not that tough, I mean, He has won a ruduis four times, and turned it down...but I'm sure you'll be fine."

Then, as he heard the first grunt of the gladiator hitting the sand, (Y/N) turned and walked away as Larry yelled "Form up!" (Y/N) smiled "I'll be back after my meeting with Reyna. Peace out. Don't die!" He said as he walked away to the sounds of clashing metal.

Little did he know, on his way back, he would meet his most fearsome challenge yet since he arrived in this place, and that no matter how much he struggled, begged or pleaded, it was utterly useless.

Percy's POV

The principia was even more impressive inside. On the ceiling glittered a mosaic of Romulus and Remus under their adopted mama she-wolf, Lupa had told Percy that story a million times. The floor was polished marble.