In due time I will find all the answers I seek.

I suddenly heard a noise. I screamed when I saw Mickey. He just appeared out of nowhere in my room. I tried to move and get away from him, but I was still too sore. Tears came to my eyes, but I won't show fear. I conjured up an energy ball, all the while trying to mentally call the priestess. Then something occurred to me. His eyes. They are lavender. I got excited. "Mickey." He said nothing as he looked me over. Turmoil came to his eyes. I know he regrets what he did. Just like he regretted all the other times as well. I know it's not him. Just his nature.

He dropped his fangs and bit into his wrist. He held his wrist up to me. I let his blood drop in my mouth. He removed his wrist seconds later. He licked his wound until it closed. I blinked as all my pain and soreness went away. I stood up and ran to him. But he stepped back. "Mickey, please, tell me how to help you."

He was about to speak when his eyes started to turn a bloody red. They were flickering. I was nervous and happy at the same time. Mickey can beat this. He can overcome it.

Then he disappeared. Seconds after he left the priestess came in. "Priestess! Mickey was here. He was himself. He can beat him!"

She stared at me sadly.

"What! This is good, right."

"Ashford, you have to come to grips with the fact that the Mickey you used to know is gone. When he and the warlock merge, Mickey will be cruel. The warlock will literally merge inside him, his being. The decision he makes will be influenced by both of them. I'm sorry, but the Mickey you knew is no more. I'm glad that he's gaining control, but it helps very little. Mickey will come back here crueler, stronger, and sadly, that will be him for years to come."

I sat on the bed and deflated. "He healed me. He looked like my Mickey."

"You are his mate. His instinct is to heal and not harm you. Unfortunately, that line is blurred when it comes to his warlock. I'm glad he healed you. I must return to Armond. Traja will stick around for a while until he fully heals. The worst has passed though. When you see him tell him I will send his fairy to him."

I nodded. "Thank you, priestess." She smiled then disappeared. I took a deep breath, preparing for any and everything. Mickey has always been, by my definition, cruel. Most people think I fear Mickey because of how big and powerful he is or whatever. No, I fear Mickey because he's a master at torture when he thinks something is off, even after I've done all I can to reassure him otherwise. Afterwards, he's back to being sweet and regretful, but the damage has already been done and the fear runs deeper and deeper inside me. I can only imagine what fate will bring my way with this new Mickey.

**************************

Mila Pov

The next morning when I woke up I bathed and dressed and went to find Makay. I want to know where Mickey is right now. Sadly, when I went to her room she was not there. When I flagged down a servant and asked them, I was informed that she had left. So I went to the next person that could tell me. I went to Ashford.

When I made it to her room she was just coming out. I looked her over as I came upon her. She has a beautiful skin color. Her complexion was a little lighter than Makay's complexion. Her small ears were pointy. Her eyes were a dark green color but what made me angry to look at her was her body. She had the royal colors of white and gold leather on. Her white leather top was short. Stopping right under her breast. Her white and gold leather pants were tight and fitted. Her breasts were nice and plump. Her stomach was flat, but her hips and ass are the biggest part of her body. She's short, and I can tell that Mickey revels in folding her in his arms. Bitch.

I was so busy starting that I didn't see her look at me.

"Can I help you, Mila."

Her voice even angered me. It was low, sultry and seductive. She was so sweet. It sickened me. I can't wait until Rayce finds a way to kill elves. She will be the first one I kill.

"I want to know where Mickey is, right now. Everyone around here is telling me that he's on a retreat, now Makay is gone. What the devil is going on around here."

She stared at me for a long time. Like she was accessing me. "I'm sorry Mila, but at this point you are an outsider and we're not too quick to trust outsiders. When we bond together it might be different. I hope it really is, but as of right now I can't tell you anything. It might be best if you stay at your own home until Mickey comes back."

I gasp. "How dare you. Mickey and I are mates....."

she interrupted with, "but he's not here. Won't be for some time."

"I-I."

"Why are you here, Mila. I mean really."

"I-I," I stuttered out. I turned and walked away. Here I thought she was sweet. That bitch! How dare she.