Coco: "Besides, if every fight is as easy as the last, then we'll be cleaning up the whole tournament."

Her pompous remark makes some of the more vocal members of their friend group to chime in.

Nora: "You sure about that?"

Yang: "Don't think we'll go easy on you."

Suddenly, Cardin comes bursting into the locker room they're in.

Cardin: "Sorry for leaving my mace in he-"

The words in his mouth die out once he sees Team CVFY, and the rest of Team RWBY+Y/N and JNPR, who all look at him with some level of surprise. 

Jaune: "Cardin...?" 

The bully pauses for a moment before quietly shuffle over to a nearby locker where he left his mace and taking it out. As he's on his way out, Cardin turns to Velvet.

Cardin: "V-Velvet...?"

Feeling a bit uncomfortable, Velvet slowly replies back.

Velvet: "Y-Yes...?"

Cardin: "Uhm... c... congra... congratul..."

Before he can complete his words, Cardin bolt out of the door quickly as Velvet and the rest simply stare after him. Everyone inside the locker room were completely baffled over what just happen.

Blake: "Uh... Velvet, what was that about?"

Coco: "Yeah, it almost seems like he was going to congratulate you."

Velvet looks over to her friends.

Velvet: "Things have been weird between me and Cardin ever since the Breach."

Ruby: "Weird?"

Yang: "Is it bad?"

Velvet: "Oh no. It's a bad weird, just... weird."

Weiss: "Come to think of it, Cardin did sort of compliment Y/N for doing okay."

Blake: "He also mention about 'since the Breach' to him as well."

Velvet: "So it isn't just me then."

Jaune: "Seems like it."

Yang: "You know, Cardin has been on pretty good behavior recently."

Nora: "Aside from threatening a guy over the news article earlier."

This makes both Coco and Velvet share a concerned look but, otherwise, say nothing about it.

When the group leave the locker room, they walk pass a couple of two Atlas students, readying their equipment for the next round. 

The two Atlas students, Neon and Flynt, spot Weiss walking with the group, glaring at her with infuriated expressions

The two Atlas students, Neon and Flynt, spot Weiss walking with the group, glaring at her with infuriated expressions. Neon looks to Flynt's angry look before standing up and is about to storm over to Weiss only for Flynt to hold her back.