In response to Mina's comment, a voice from behind Y/N came into the picture interrupting the tense moment. "You guys should just fuck off" It was Sae. 

Y/N's eyes widened in surprise as Sae's strong voice cut through the tension. She turned to look at him, seeing a rare display of anger on his usually calm and composed face. His protective stance and the intensity in his eyes sent a clear message to Haru, Kenta, and Mina that he wouldn't tolerate any hurtful remarks directed at Y/N.

Haru, Kenta, and Mina were taken aback by Sae's sudden intervention, their expressions shifting from smugness to uncertainty. Sae stepped forward, positioning himself between Y/N and her former teammates as if shielding her from any further harm. 

"I suggest you think carefully before speaking about someone you clearly know nothing about. Y/N is an incredibly talented and dedicated athlete, and she gave her all in that match. It's not fair to belittle her efforts or mock her for a loss." His words carried a weight of authority and protection, making it clear that he wouldn't stand for any disrespect towards Y/N.

Haru, Kenta, and Mina exchanged uneasy glances, realizing they had hit a nerve with Sae's response. They didn't expect such a strong reaction, especially from someone they barely knew. 

Y/N felt a mix of emotions as she witnessed Sae standing up for her and that took her back to the time at the beach and the change in his behaviour made her smile to herself. Amongst the three girls only, Haru was the one who didn't have the thought of mocking Y/N, she just greeted her like any old friend would... it was her teammates who shifted the situation, but she still felt the need to apologize. 

"I am really sorry for what they said," Haru spoke up. "I have always admired Y/N. She got me into volleyball and made me love the sport so much that I changed all of my career plans and I am pretty sure if she didn't make me play it, I would have never known how much I love the game. After that match... she never showed up anywhere and it was really difficult to catch up with her so I was just happy to have finally seen her... but I didn't expect my teammates to jump in like that say stuff, I am really sorry!" She said and bowed. 

Y/N almost panicked seeing her give such a deep bow, "Ah- no, Haru... it's alright! I understand that things can get heated after a tough match. It was a difficult time for me too, and I needed some space to process everything. I didn't mean to disappear like that."

Sae, who had been observing the interaction, chimed in with a calm voice, "It's true that people cope with difficult situations differently. Y/N needed time for herself, and that's completely understandable."

Haru nodded, appreciating Sae's understanding as well. "Thank you both. I just hope we can move past all this and maybe even play together sometime, like a practice match, just for fun."

Y/N agreed, feeling a sense of relief that the tension was easing. "I would really like that, Haru. Playing with you again would be great."

Kenta and Mina, who had been silent since Sae's intervention, finally spoke up. "We are sorry too...." 

Y/N took a deep breath, feeling the weight of the emotions in the air. She appreciated their apologies and knew that it took courage to admit when one had made a mistake. "Apology accepted," she replied sincerely but Sae's expressions said otherwise. He just couldn't help but glare at the two girls which only made them more tense. 

He held Y/N's hand "We should get going"

Feeling Sae's hand gently holding hers, Y/N turned to him, grateful for his support and understanding. "Yeah, let's go," she replied, giving him a reassuring smile. She knew that Sae was still upset about what had transpired, but she also believed that it was important to move forward positively.