Y/N|
You seemed really distant today|

|SAE
|It's nothing to worry about
|Those higher ups ruined my mood
|Plus just thinking about playing
|with the Japan team makes me sick

Y/N|
We are meeting the team|
tomorrow|

|SAE
|Yeah ik

Y/N|
Don't be rude to them please 😭|

|SAE
|Hm

"He is definitely angry with me!!"

Y/N|
Sae, sorry|

|SAE
|What -
|Why?
|I am not angry

Y/N|
You are 😔|

|SAE
|No
|And
|Ok, I'll behave tomorrow
|But you are restricting me
|from being myself

Y/N|
It's for the betterment|
of the world <3|

|SAE
|Yeah right ☺️

Y/N|
️|

---

"The match is in two weeks! You all are the members of the U-20 national team... The ones chosen for the sake of victory! And the long-awaited new addition to our team... Itoshi Sae!!" The coach announced and Sae with Y/N walking behind him walked into the room where all the U-20 players were seated. 

All the players gave very mixed reactions to upon seeing Sae. Some were excited that they would be playing with him and some didn't care much about him. 

"As you know, your opponent will be team blue lock! You must maintain the dignity of the U-20! Defeat is entirely out of the question here!" The coach carried on. 

Y/N stepped a little closer to Sae and whispered "Remember to be polite, ok?" 

"Sae, any fighting words for the team?" The coach asked and Sae thought for a second before blunting out his words. "Be thankful that you get yo play football with me."

"Ok, here we go... he did it again...."

"I don't have slightest interest in any of you, and since you'll never have a chance like this again... Do you best not to piss me off. That's it." 

Y/N looked at the coach and mouthed the words "Sorry" to him. But Sae's words weren't taken quiet nicely by the players. 

"Get off your damn high horse, genius. You might be a bit famous around the world, but you're just the a second-divison player in the end, aren't you?" Sendo Shuto, the U-20 forward and ace spoke up. "I'm a regular forward in the best team in Japan. So watch your damn mouth. Because, right now I'm above you."

"What about it?" Sae asked. "As for you, you'll compete to be the top scorer in the nation, get in the national team, get an annual salary of 50 million, marry a gravure idol, and then live a happy family life. That'd be the peak of your football life. My singular interest is in becoming the best in the world. There is a fundamentally different depth to our greed." 

As simple as those words sounded... it left a great impact on Y/N as she realised what Sae actually wanted in his life. In that moment, Y/N understood that Sae's primary focus was on his football career and his ambition to become the best in the world. His singular interest lay in achieving greatness in his chosen field, and he was willing to dedicate all his time and energy to that pursuit.

"so... that kiss? did it mean nothing?" She thought.

Y/N couldn't help but feel a mix of emotions. On one hand, she respected Sae's drive and determination. His commitment to his goals showcased his passion and intensity. On the other hand, it made her question where she fit into his life and whether there was room for a romantic relationship.

She replayed the moments they had shared in her mind, including their kiss. Initially, she had hoped that it was a meaningful connection between them, a sign of something more. But now, she wondered if it had simply been a fleeting moment, driven by the heat of the moment and the intensity of their emotions.

"Is that why he has been so distant these days?"

Her mind was filled with a mix of confusion and disappointment that she didn't even notice what was going on in front of her. Taking a deep breath, Y/N tried to calm herself down and once she was back in the present, her eyes widened at the scene in front of her. "When did they start fighting?!" She mumbled to herself as her eyes met with a very familiar one. 

The green and purple, a unique yet beautiful pair of eyes that belonged to none other than... her ex, Oliver Aiku.

Hope you enjoyed it <3333 the number of words I write in a chapter is so inconsistent 💀