🩷🩷🩷

dear readers, voters, commenters and that very loving person who DMed me asking if i was alright,

it was never supposed to end this way. but it's a happy one and i think i'll stick with it.

i literally cannot get myself to write more. the story feels complete. i know it isn't, but ivan and lex finally confessing their feelings and making out in the middle of a makeshift basketball court feels... just right somehow.

the fact that this story has gotten more than 30k reads is probably my biggest achievement ever. however, it's not something i'll ever tell anybody. i can never be openly proud of it because what is it after all? a well-written piece of literature? hardly. it's an angst-filled gay enemies-to-lovers story on wattpad with a good amount of plot-holes and grammatical errors.

while i will always be grateful to each and every one of you, i think it's time i move on and create something I can proudly put my name under.

i'm not art and neither is this little piece of fiction. but it's time we go out there and create some.

thank you so much for all this wonderful support. but it's time i start a new chapter in my life, and sometimes that includes closing a book.

lex, ivan, sebastian, jessica, blake, tyler and all the rest of this book's characters (even vinny fucking donovan and his vinions) will always be close to my heart. as will all of you.

a special shout out to shoebee and wish for helping me put out these chapters when i couldn't. and also to tanya who's editing and encouragement made me and this book so much better.

i'm sorry for disappointing you. i always thought i'd finish this book but it's time i move on. i never knew something i wrote in the middle of the pandemic out of boredom and lack of drama in my life would be read by like anyone, much less by all of you from all over the world.

but lex and ivan have a happy ending. they go to college together, get married (Sebastian and Blake are the best men!!!), have kids (two girls and a boy) and several dogs (named after the umbrella academy characters haha!) .

lex starts listening to rock bands and ivan concedes and listens to some rap. their spotify blend mostly consists of bring me the horizon's rap collaborations and lil peep.

anywho. this is how it ends. with the writer spoiling the end of the book that they won't finish.

i'd like to wish all of you the best of luck for everything you want to do in life. i know i sound like a corny neighbour but i truly mean this. i'm starting college in less than 2 months and i'm superrr excited!! while i never put this book in my cv, i could proudly say i loved writing and that was all because of you and living with hope!

stay alive & always live with hope:)

loveeeee,
art