06 | GOTCHA

06 | GOTCHA
If I don't end up with Prince, I have Dorian Gray for back up

Ivan's POV

After completing my shift in the auto-repair shop I work in post school-hours, I cycle back to Hope's house. My shift ends pretty late in the night. It's open 24/7, so I'm usually let out by around seven in the evening. I do have breaks in between, which I spend in the cafe next door completing my homework.

I reach Hope's house and enter through the back door. I'm greeted by Prince pouncing over me. My lips tuck into a smile. Even though I barely know him, my affection towards Prince is undeniable. I could say the only reason I'm still in Hope's house is because of Prince and I wouldn't be lying.

I hold the black cat by his tummy against my chest and stroke his back. He squirms upward and starts licking the side of my face, his claws digging into my collar bone.

I hold the cat away from me. "No licking, okay?" I command sternly. The cat purrs innocently.

Someone ahead of me chuckles. I peer up to see Sebastian Hope sitting on the couch with a whole bunch of dogs around him. I wish I could say that Sebastian's injuries have practically disappeared since last night, but I can't. He's looking at us (Prince and I) and grinning softly.

"This one sure missed you," he says, gesturing at Prince as I walk over to him. I leave my school bag on the floor and take my place on the couch.

"Mom says dinner will be ready in a few." Sebastian looks back at the kitchen. "Do you have any plans for the night?"

I shake my head. Prince is crawling around my neck. He has his forelimbs on my right shoulder and his hindlimbs on my left. The side of his torso is brushing against my hair which is falling on my nape.

"How 'bout I introduce these guys to you?" he asks hesitantly, gesturing at the dogs which are all sitting either on him or beside him.

I smile. "Yeah, sure. I love dogs."

His green eyes light up. Grinning, he picks up a tall elegant dog and places him on the couch.

"This one's usually restless, but he can model for you if you like." Sebastian chuckles. "He's a Saluki, pretty rare down here. But we found him in an adoption center, so yeah."

"What's his name?" I ask, curious about which Harry Potter character resembles this one.

Sebastian strokes the dog on his back. "He's loyal, hardworking and silent. And most of all, good-looking. You can guess this one, can't you?"

My eyes squint. I can't think of any character that matches that description. "I don't know?" I manage. "Draco Malfoy?" He is good-looking. More than just good, to be honest.

Sebastian's eyes widen in shock. "It's Cedric Diggory!" he exclaims. The dog looks at Sebastian expectantly.

"I'm not calling you, boy," he quietly tells Cedric the Dog and then turns his attention back to me. "First, I said 'loyal'. Who's the most popular Hufflepuff in the entire series? Cedric Diggory! And second, Draco isn't even the best-looking guy there. You of all people should know that."

I shrug. "I read those books a long time ago. I don't remember how good he looks."

"So you're saying you haven't seen the movies?" he asks in disbelief.

I shake my head. "Didn't think there was a point when I've already read the original."

He glances at me with appreciation. "Dude, you're like the exact opposite of Lex! He's seen the movies but read none of the books!." He seemed to be in deep thought after this. Then he says — as if it was a revelation in his life." Ugh! Can I switch brothers or something, you're way cooler than him."