"I am glad that you are agreeing with me," he says.

Nya is slightly annoyed that Zane has designated himself as their 'den mother', always watching out for everyone's health and providing cold, logical facts when they least want to hear it. But, she knows that he means well. He just wants to keep everyone safe.

He guides her towards the living room, where she plops down onto the couch. "I will let the others know that you are taking a break. Call any one of us if you need anything."

She nods and he leaves. She leans her head against the arm rest and closes her eyes. She feels a slight chill from the air conditioning, and she pulls her blanket closer around her.

She drifts off to sleep for a bit. She has no idea how long, but when she wakes up, the room is dark and silent. She checks the clock and sees that it is past ten. She should probably be training right now, but she ignores that and gets up to make herself something to eat.

She makes herself a sandwich and pours a glass of orange juice. She sits at the table and eats, thinking about how she will have to train tomorrow.

She hears the door open and figures that it must be the others coming back from their nightly patrol. She continues eating, ignoring the footsteps and the sound of someone else entering the kitchen.

When she finishes her food and stands up to put her plate in the sink, she notices that someone is standing in the doorway. She looks up and sees that it's Jay.

"Hey, Nya," he greets.

"Hi, Jay," she responds.

"I saw you asleep on the couch. Are you feeling alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Are you sure? Because you don't look fine."

"I'm sure," she insists. "I was just tired."

Getting called out by Zane was already embarrassing, she doesn't need Jay lecturing her either. Although, that's not really his style, he would just hover over her and coddle her until she got mad enough to snap him away.

"Well, okay," he says, giving up on the conversation. "I'm gonna go to bed, then. Night, Nya."

"Night, Jay."

She waits until he is out of sight before she heads back to the couch. She closes her eyes and relaxes, letting her guard down. She falls asleep almost immediately.

The next day, she feels only slightly better. She manages to avoid Zane and goes out to train with the others. She trains longer than she should, but she knows that she can handle it. She doesn't want to take any breaks today.

That night, when she comes back inside, she is exhausted. She decides to take a shower, hoping that it will help her feel better. When she gets out, she changes into her pajamas and lays down to sleep.

But as soon as she closes her eyes, she hears a knock on her door.

She groans and rolls out of bed, going to answer it. She hopes that it's not one of the others, they have all been checking up on her too much lately. But when she opens the door, it is Zane.

She knows that he isn't going to give up until she admits that she needs help. She lets him in anyway.

"Are you feeling any better?" He asks.

"I'm fine," she insists. "I just need to sleep."

"I know that you are lying," he says. "You may be able to fool the others, but you cannot fool me. I know that you have been pushing yourself too hard, and I am worried about you."