Twenty-second Morning

A/N: Happy Birthday Dissmisery ! Thank you for making me feel welcome in this little fluffy slice of jaya community on the internet. This is some season 1 and post season 15 😁

They've long since stopped paying attention to the movie.  It's almost become a ritual at this point, and one of the few activities they can do together without being bothered by the others. No one else on the team wants to watch 'those lame romance movies'. Jay doesn't really want to either, he'd rather be playing video games, but it's one of the few opportunities he gets to spend some alone time with Nya.

They're giggling uncontrollably, poking each other under the blanket in an escalating tickle war. But Jay has something else on his mind. He wants to kiss her. He wants to hold her and stroke her hair, run his hand along her cheek and caress her lips with his thumb. And he wants to do so much more.

It's not a new thought. He's been having it for weeks now. It's always the same thing. The fleeting look in her eyes, the way she grins at him like he's the most wonderful person in the world. She's so cute when she smiles and he loves how she can't help but giggle when he tells her a joke.

And then there are moments when she's not smiling, when she gets this distant look on her face. Like she's deep in thought. Or like she's worried about something.

Jay doesn't know what those moments mean. They don't happen often, but every time they do, he feels an ache in his chest. He wants to ask her if she's okay, but he's afraid to interrupt her thoughts. Sometimes he wants to hold her and tell her everything will be all right. But he's afraid that would scare her away.

So he holds back. He always does. He knows he shouldn't, but he just can't bring himself to make the first move.

She's getting awfully close now, inching into his space until her thigh is flush with his. And he can't help but notice that she keeps eyeing his lips. His heart beats faster. He wonders if she has the same thoughts as he does. Does she want to kiss him as much as he wants to kiss her?

Suddenly, she breaks their embrace and looks him in the eye. Her smile is gone. She bites her lip nervously.

What was that? Was she thinking the same thing he was?

He doesn't get to wonder for long. She closes the gap between them and kisses him. It's soft and gentle and oh so sweet. It's over before he knows it.

Then, her hands are on his shoulders and she's pushing him down onto the couch. She's straddling him now, pinning him to the cushion. She's looking him in the eyes, searching for something. He doesn't know what it is, but he hopes she finds it.

Then she leans down and presses her lips against his again. She's kissing him hungrily now, running her fingers through his hair and biting at his lip. He moans softly into her mouth. She tastes so good.

His hands are shaking as he reaches out to hold her. He wants to feel her skin against his. He wants to run his hands along her body and touch every inch of her. He wants to kiss her everywhere.

She breaks their kiss and moves her lips to his neck. She nuzzles his skin gently, kissing and sucking on his collarbone. He runs his hands along her back, feeling the curves of her body. She's so soft and warm. He could lose himself in this moment forever.

Something ignites in him. An electric surge, jittery and bright, welling up from the recesses of his soul, demanding to be let loose. He sits up abruptly, bumping Nya off of him as their foreheads collide awkwardly.

He takes in the sight of her; lips swollen, eyes hooded, cheeks dusted with blush as her chest heaves for breath. She chews on her lip again, awaiting his next move.