Chapter 9 ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Start from the beginning

Steve looks at me then back to Tony, "We have orders, we should follow them."

"Following isn't really my style."

"And you're all about style, aren't you?"

"Of the people in this room which one is; A. Wearing a spangly outfit and B. Not of use?"

"Tell me none of this smells a little funky to you?" Bruce asks.

Steve storms out the room, "Just find the cube."

After he leaves Tony turns to me, "That's the guy my dad never shut up about?"

"That's something the two of you have in common." I say.

"What's that?"

"You never shut up." I say blandly before perching myself onto the counter.

"She's not wrong." Bruce says with a smile.

Tony gives me a dirty look and continues working. I pull a screen in front of me and start working myself, ignoring everything around me. Tony and Bruce continue talking, but I continue to ponder how Loki managed to break my infinity stone, how he is able to use it.

Perhaps, when I fell, the Stone broke partially. Hitting the ground that hard, it certainly seems like an idea. When Shield picked me up, they collected Delvameg but not the scraps.

The doors of the lab open to a very furious director, "What are you doing, Mr. Stark?"

"Uh, kind of been wondering the same thing about you." Tony says.

"You're supposed to be locating the Tesseract."

"We are. The model's locked and we're sweeping for the signature now. When we get a hit, we'll have the location within half a mile."

"And you'll get your cube back." Tony says.

"It's going back to Asgard." I correct.

Steve walks in behind Fury and slams a gun onto the table, "Good, because Shield was going to use the cube to make weapons." He looks to Tony, "Sorry, but the computer was moving a little slow for me."

Tony sends him a 'good-job- it's-okay' look.

"Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesserect, this doesn't mean that we're-"

Tony turns his monitor around to face Fury, "I'm sorry. What were you lying?" The screen displays missiles and other weapons powered by the Tesseract.

"I was wrong, director, the world hasn't changed a bit."

Thor and Natasha walk in. Bruce looks to her, anger overflowing in his expression, "Did you know about this?"

"You wanna think about removing yourself from this environment, Doctor?"

"I was in Calcutta, I was pretty well removed."

I retreat back to my station and I pick up Delvameg, holding it close to my side.

"I'd like to know why Shield is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction."

"Because of them!" Fury points at Thor and me.

"Excuse me?" I growl.

"Us?"

"Last year, Earth had some visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learned that we are not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned."

"We want nothing but peace." Thor says.

"But you're not the only people out there are you? You're not the only threat. World's filling up with people who can't be matched, they can't be controlled."