✨ Aurora ✨

Today i was so worried because it's been a whole damn week since Ez came to work. First 2 days I figured he might want a break from all the events and ME. But this was too much for real. Did he quit? I had been trying  but i couldn't get myself to call him. I was scared. What if he shouted at me. What if he accused me of breaking his heart. What if he began talking about the photos again. What if he- i sigh. I was done with my shift.

I went out. Took a deep breath. And called Ez in  rush of my emotions. I gulped every time the bell rang expecting to hear his melodious deep voice anytime. My heartbeats could be felt in my whole body and just like that the call went on voicemail. I stuttered some i--i--i its Ro-Aurora. And ended the call embarrassed. My mind couldn't stop wondering why he put his phone on voicemail. It wasn't like him.

I wish the world were ending tomorrow. Then i could take the subway, arrive at his doorstep in a matter of time and say "come with me. We are going to love each other without scruples or fear or restraint. Because the world is ending tomorrow."

Perhaps we don't love unreasonably because we think we have time, or have reckon with time. But what if we don't have time? Or what if time, as we know it, is irrelevant? If only the world were ending tomorrow. We could help each other very much.

With that thought i began walking towards his house not knowing how im gonna face him and more importantly what im gonna face. i lifted my hand as i stared at the perfectly painted white door infront of me and grazed my knuckles softly over it. No response. I did it again then again. Still no response. I sighed as tears form in my eyes. I was scared to death. Was he in there ignoring me? Or did something happen? I leaned touching my forehead on the door as i shut my eyes. Unknowingly my one hand went towards the door knob and turned it. I stumbled inside, to my surprise the door was fucking open but the bigger question was why?

As i entered i saw everything scattered. Pillows, blankets, empty cans, used tissues and a few empty dishes. This was a bigass mess. I began moving towards the kitchen which had unwashed dishes and wasn't so clean either. On my way i saw a broken lamp scattered. I collected it to a corner but then i saw BLOOD. A big stain and then drops, many, i went with the traces which led me to the bathroom. Ez wasn't in his bedroom which was also messed up. I heard the water running. Was he in there? But the door to the bathroom was half open. I slowly hesitantly peeked in then i saw him. And my mind went blank as i began trembling.

Ez was laying there shirtless on floor unconscious. His right fucking hand was bleeding. But the wound wasn't fresh. I quickly ran in his direction as i began calling his name shaking him. But he said nothing. I placed two of my fingers on his neck under the jaw and i couldn't thank the god anymore. I quickly wrapped his hand with my scarf that i had and went to grab the first aid to sanitize his wound. Then grabbing a glass of water. I knelt and placed his head in my lap gently stroking his hair as never ending tears fell from my eyes.

I splashed some drops of water on his face. He was groaning in pain, unaware of his surroundings. I placed the glass near his lips and lifted his head a little to help him drink.  Stroking his hair i asked softly as my voice cracked

"EZ! do you think you can walk just a little? The bed is near hm?"

"Nghh!"

"Ez?

"Ro. I--i--i mean Aurora. "

"Please call me Ro. Ez please." I cried sobbing.

"Let's get you in bed Ez. You are sick"

i said as i realised how pale and red he looked burning with a high temperature. I tied his weak body to mine with a cloth. He held onto me. No gripped onto me hugging me with his large arms covering my whole figure. His face rested on my neck and he kept inhaling. His body heat passing onto me. Holding onto the stuff in my surroundings i began walking helping Ez. He was so much bigger and heavier so it wasn't easy to drag him along.