✨Ezra ✨

I went over to the couch and laying down lazily i began looking at Rory's pictures that i have clicked everytime she wasn't looking. First up were the ones, in her sleep.
The blanket covering her petite figure stopping just below her bosom. Her left leg out. Arched. Her one hand resting on her belly while the other in contact with her scattered hair that covered all of her pillow . Her lips slightly parted, showcasing the mole on top right of her upper lip near the cupid's bow.

She looked mesmerizing. Truly.

Then i scrolled through more pictures of her in my apartment, at the café when shes working. A few pictures of her talking to others, her expressions clearly telling you whether she liked the person infront of her or not, if the conversation is pissing her or not.

Then i went through whole gallery of mine and saw the first ever picture we took. Shy. Her expression screaming. She maintained the perfect amount of distance between us like she does even now.

Flashbacks of when i first saw her clouded my thoughts

" Fuck! Im late.",
I screamed in annoyance when my car stopped working in the middle of the road. I tried asking several cars for rides but none stopped.

"MOTHERFUCKER'S", saying I punched the car bonnet but then i saw a cab stopping. I was happy hoping it stopped to help me but no. It stopped in front of a nearby building and a non American girl stepped out.
She was wearing  an oversized tee , beautifully tucked in her trousers. Her one hand held her purse and drink while with the other she was fixing her hair. She had the perfect haircut  where a section of hair from both sides reached upto her chin.
She was new here i could tell by the way she was looking around, examining everything. She slowly removed her shades , her eyes glistening with amusement.

We both were  in awe of what we saw.

I noticed a mole on her cheek and another on her glossy lips. She looked innocent and naive. People here would fuck her up. But why do i care i asked myself. Her cab driver helped her get her luggage from the car. And she looked in my direction.
My heart forgot how to beat. Oh god! I couldn't believe how much i adored this stranger right here.  I have been staring ever since she stepped out.
I felt nervous as i, unknowingly, began walking towards her.  She was hesitant whether to look at me or around but slowly, shyly, she smiled as i walked forward and my knees were jiggly. I didn't broke the eye contact. I had thought she would just head into the building thinking I'm a creep.

"umm... excuse me", i said

"Mmhm", was the only sound she made as a response.

" Do you live here?"

"Why?"

"Oh im so sorry its just that i am late for work and my car's not working so i was thinking if you live here may i borrow this cab if uh dont have to go anywhere."
I blabbered.

She was thinking, biting her lower lip and finally i noticed how beautiful she sounded.

"As a matter of fact i will be living here. But i need to go to my job too. It's my first day you see. You can come with me though in the cab."

I can't let myself spoil her job. So i asked her to go where she's headed and I'll go after dropping her with cab. I am late anyways.

"Perfect " she said.

After i helped her take her bags to her apartment, we were headed towards her workplace. The directions were quite similar. On our way i got to know alot about her. How she's here alone and she wants to study psychology and her family is in India. How she loved New York and there was no one she knew here.

I told her I'd help her anytime and we can be  friends as she had none. When we were exchanging numbers she was hesitant but she still gave it.

"She hesitates way too much " i thought.

I held my hand out and said "Ezra"

She responded to the gesture  "Aurora".

"Isn't that weird? Being named after dawn?", She asked.

"Yes. They named you after the dawn for you must have filled everyone's life with sunshine."
I replied and she kept smiling after that.

We reached the destination and that's when i realised she's working at the same café i work at. I told her and she got excited.

"At least I'll see a familiar face" she said.

I was more than happy and the first day everything that bothered her was solved by me.

She did talked to other employees but she didn't ask them to help her. Kind of made me feel special.

"Aren't you too short?"
some random strangers shouted at Jane, a coworker, making fun of her height. She never responds to people like them.

"Still longer than all of your dicks!"  I heard Aurora saying back. No hesitation this time.

"Hey newbie! Wanna come over and check?" they said. I was angry. About to step in thinking that they'll make fun of Aurora too.

"Left my magnifying glass at home. Sorry. Next time bitches. Maybe you'll grow a few inches" she said again. She wasn't angry. No but she was pissed alot.

"This girl is anything but innocent" i chuckled.

I came back to reality when i heard her kicking off the blanket. She turned left then right and mumbled something in her sleep. Her breathing was heavy. She was having a bad dream. I couldn't help but slowly get into her blanket and i hugged her from back. She was cold. I pulled her closer, my chest touching her back and her hips pressed into my legs. She was so smallllll.

"Shh!! Don't you dare think you are alone. I'm right here."
I assured her knowing she is up now.

I gasped when she faced me, so close to me and somehow i was happy that i didn't bother to wear a shirt before.

"Its okay to cry sometimes. Its okay. Dont give yourself a hard time." I said lightly pecking her forehead and cupping her face.

"I don't do cry. My tears dried up long before i met you and soon enough when  he left me toyed with. When i did something terrible and ended up getting it back to me. And when she crossed a line. I feel sorry for myself.. that somewhere along the way i cared. "
She scoffed. She was hurt deeply but i didn't want to go into details for now.

"Who?" I asked slowly.

"Them."

My jaw clenched knowing I knew nothing about her past. I wanted to. Hoping that'll ease her pain out cuz i knew she hadn't told anyone about it. No one listened. She didn't wanted to tell anyone. All this time she's been suffering alone. My chest ached from the thought.

"You collect scars because you want proof that you are paying for whatever sins you have committed. But you can't hold onto them forever. You need to let go. Those aren't your sins only. Those aren't even sins.", I told her.

"Even though they say that time heals all wounds. My scars are still fucking there. They dont hurt anymore. Im not holding onto them but I can't forget what happened. I can't forget how i felt. "
She said heartbroken. I could notice the crack in her voice. She needs time alone. Deciding that i left to be on time at café.

Waiting for this morning turn into dawn so that i can take my Aurora for dinner just like we planned. I'd make sure to make her forget everything and just enjoy the moment.
-----------------
Lemme know what do you think of this chapter?? Is it worth your time?

I'll be updating every two days.

Comment to let me know you liked it.❤️