Kidnapping to Avoid Awkward Conversations

Start from the beginning

"In light of recent events, I know I am not the best person to warn you about repeating past mistakes, but I would remind you that you have been warned about this behaviour in the past, and now you do not have a missing memory to excuse you."

"What are you talking about?" He asked, she frowned at him, "Well, I really don't care, like I said, but Aphrodite is telling me to remind you of something." Hera said, her tone truly bored, memories flashed in front of (Y/N)'s eyes.

Nostalgia hit him hard, as he watched Annabeth play the question game with him, and remembered her words regarding him not acting on his feelings since she had kissed him on Olympus.

His own voice spoke. "I think that's two-one to me. And I just told you, 'the day you bow is the day you die.' If I know that's coming, what's the point in setting myself up for happiness I know I'll lose? What's the point in doing that to you?"

Annabeth replied and her words cut him deep, even now, years later, they oddly fit the scenario he found himself in now. "Because you don't get to decide whether you can deny me that! What, do you not want to be happy, don't you think you deserve that?"

His response sounded hollow in hindsight, self punishment for no reason. "No, I don't, I'm not the person you think I am Annabeth, and I don't want to risk hurting you like that. I know what it's like to lose someone, and I don't want to put you through that. Don't you get that?"

"Of course I do! But all this time, you've been denying yourself and me of a lot of time we could have spent, and I think it's stupid. There could be a lot of time between now and then. Why don't you act on it? " That last question hurt him.

"Why don't you act on it?" He asked himself, realizing in a way, he was just as immature now as he was back then, and this time, like Hera said. He didn't have the excuse of losing his memory to blame.

In fact, the old him was much braver then he was now, he was sure of that when the memory continued. "I told you that earlier, and I can if you want me to. Do you?" The old him asked, he remembered being so nervous in that moment, it just rushed out of him.

" Kinda, Are you trying to psyche me out so you win the game?" "Yes and no. But I don't think I need to psyche you out to beat you. Is it working?" "Depends how far you take it. Are you sure about this?" Annabeth asked.

Again, the past came back to haunt him, as those words rang true to him now. Was he sure about this? Was it the right thing to do? Yes, it would save the both of them pain in the long run, but Annabeth was right. Did he have the right to deny her that? Let alone himself?

"-I think you've been hiding your feelings from us again." Annabeth's voice rattled around him, and he heard his own voice respond, almost angry. He recalled her saying "No hidden feelings (Y/N)," she said like she knew it would call him to action. "Have you been hiding your feelings?"

"No, I haven't. And do you want 'no hidden feelings?' Is that really want?" his past self asked, "Yes!" She insisted and then he had to listen to what came next, "And I'm not letting you leave unti-mmph"  He remembered the sensation of his lips  against hers.

"Ok, the ending part was just to rub it in wasn't it? I get the point." (Y/N) said in the present as the memory faded, Aphrodite spoke in his ears next, he could almost hear her as she grinned, "I know but I couldn't help myself, ohhh it's all just so cute!"

With a sigh, and a pain filled heart, he decided to ignore the goddess of love this time, knowing it wouldn't matter anyway if he couldn't get to Leo, so he turned to Hera. "Why are you still here lecturing me?" He asked.