Teaching A Giant Oral Hygiene

Start from the beginning

But the moment that crossed his mind, something twisted it, corrupted it. The memories changed, shifted, ripping his joy and peace to shreds. His mother was here, he had finally got his wish, she was returned.

But then she was gone again, like the wind, peace turned to panic, calm turned to anxiety, kindness turned to hate, he looked for who to blame, and could only find them.

The Olympians, they had taken everything from him, kept everything from him, he hated them, he despised them. "They don't care, they never have, you can make them pay. You can make them regret like you have. That is your wish, that is what I can offer you."

(Y/N) grit his teeth, his blood boiling. Not like before, this anger was purely his, there was no magic behind it, no spiteful presence banging on the doors of his heart, no wicked voice in his mind. Anger roiled around in him like an inferno.

"You want your revenge (Y/N), this is how you take it. Claim the name that you deserve, do this one task for me, and you shall have it." Gaea's voice said, dancing across his back. "Do it, and you will be free."

As she promised the revenge he fought for, (Y/N) felt himself wake. Just for a moment. he looked around at the demigods he was with. His hand curled around the grip of his weapon. It was so simple, it would be easy, so fast, they wouldn't even really know what- "SLEEP!"

He didn't know if the voice was addressing him or the earth mother, (Y/N) relented regardless, he found himself in the same place, surrounded by the same scene of devastation, only this time, with another perspective.

Now he heard something else in the distance, screaming, "PIPER! PIPER!" Someone bellowed, and (Y/N) looked over at the man, and saw the distraught look on his face. Piper's father no doubt.

It was at that look on the man's face, the utter devastation in his eyes that (Y/N) as shaken most of all, and then it all hit him, like he had been punched in the face. How could he do this?

How could he even suffer the thought of hurting his friends, of killing them? Of doing the very thing he once went to war to get revenge for? This wasn't revenge, it wasn't retribution, it was slaughter.

His hands instead found themselves holding a different weapon, a knife, a pocketknife that he was once threatened with. He thought to his friend Percy, his best friend Percy. Who he had almost killed for the same deal.

Memory collided with dream, reality with lie. He couldn't be swayed by this, not after everything he had been through. He turned that deal down once, and for it, he got a lifelong friendship and happiness. He would just have to make that bet once more.

Just like in his nightmare previously, he called for help. The first god he thought of, the color in a world of darkness, "Iris, Iris please!" He screamed. As his friends all laid on the floor, bleeding to death.

Thankfully, his prayers were answered, just not in the way he expected, as he called for Iris once more, she came to him, though not in the way he had hoped. He saw her, knelt before the throne of Olympus.

Beside her were Athena, Hephaestus, Artemis and Aphrodite. Each of them looking up at the rest of the gods, clearly receiving some sort of punishment, Zeus was mid rant when (Y/N) chimed in, he didn't feel like he was really there, just observing.

He called out to Iris again, but Zeus's voice drowned out his own, once he tried again, the gods all paused. Zeus hit his master bolt against his throne, and all was quiet, (Y/N) called out again, "Iris!"

He didn't know why he was calling her, he didn't know what she could have done in that situation, and knew he was essentially just trying to summon a god because he had a nightmare, but in the moment he didn't care.