Waking Up to Smell The Coffee

Start from the beginning

In fact, if she had known what they were about to show her, and the weight it held, not just for her, but the whole world, she wouldn't have been happy to see them at all. But with it, she understood all her own choices, still she didn't expect to hear a prophecy today.

(Y/N)'s POV

Aeolus looked at him, he looked at the maniac staring at him, and the angry expression on the god's face. "Who are you!" The air god demanded, shouting for the harpies to seize him, but (Y/N) looked around and saw no more attackers.

"Yeah, me and the Harpies had a bit of an incident." He explained, as Aeolus glared at him, (Y/N) decided he didn't want to deal with this right now. He couldn't see his friends, but a good rule of thumb for finding demigods was 'follow the destruction.'

So as he saw a gaping hole in the floor and faint sounds of screaming, he made a split second decision and decided to swan dive off the edge, following after his friends, who had no doubt made that hole.

He made it three steps and a leap before he was caught out the air, by the air. It was a weird feeling, like being in a huge wind tunnel. Aeolus blinked at him for a moment, then glared at him, "You!" He shouted like he ad only just recognized who he was.

"(L/N), this is all your fault! You're the one that freed these storm spirits!" (Y/N) shook his head, "Doesn't sound like me..." But the wind god shook his head, "I should kill you!" "But you wont?" "Afraid you aren't so lucky (L/N)" Aeolus snapped.

"Wait. How can you tell who I am?" (Y/N) asked, thinking back, the Boreads knew he was (Y/N), but Thalia didn't. What was different? Maybe the mist only works on people who aren't gods? But then why didn't Iris recognize him?

He had so many questions for the wind god, so many things he needed answers to, but as Aeolus raised a hand and he floated up to be eye level with the god, (Y/N) decided it wasn't the right time to ask.

Not that he could have if he wanted to, as the vortex around him began shrinking and getting more intense, (Y/N) felt like he was being both crushed and pulled apart at the same time, again, weird feeling.

Very painful feeling too. All the breath in (Y/N)'s entire body seemed to be drawn out of him, the air surrounding him began pulling it away, but by a stroke of insane luck, there was a subtle 'Ding!' in (Y/N)'s ears.

The god must have heard it too because he gasped in shock. Aeolus turned quickly and floated up on a large screen, tussling his hair to seem more presentable, but very worried. A cloud or two focused some cameras on him.

"No, of course not Lady Aphrodite, we're back to our regularly scheduled programme, sorry for the delay folks, demigods causing trouble, you know how it is. Anyway, there are strong winds building in-"

As Aeolus pointed at the screen, the power surrounding (Y/N) died down, he fell a few feet and landed hard on his legs, he desperately gasped for breath, and once he had sweet sweet oxygen again, he decided it was time to get out of here.

He used his remaining strength to drag himself towards the hole, despite feeling like his head was about to pop like a balloon. He had just made it to the edge when the god turned back to him, like he had only just remembered almost murdering him.

Aeolus looked back at him, "Who are you?" He asked, "Mellie, does this young man have an- Oh, darn..." Then, as (Y/N) crawled backwards off the edge as fast as he could Aeolus seemed to forget about him, "Oh, would you look at that, he's done it for me. Makeup!"

Piper's POV

Piper dreamed she was on the Wilderness School dorm roof. The desert night was cold, but she'd brought blankets, and with Jason next to her, she didn't need any more warmth. The air smelled of sage and burning mesquite.