Epilogue

(This epilogue is in 3rd person POV)

America walked out of his father's mansion with his siblings. It had been a mere week since Reich was defeated once again, but life seemed to progress on as normal.

Well, with a few exceptions.

A luminescent eagle flew by and landed on America's shoulder, and began to play with his hair. America laughed at his bird friend.

"Hello Liberty," America said. The eagle sprung off America's shoulder and flew gracefully through the air. It started flying around America's servants, Democrat and Republican.

"Ah! Liberty, calm down!" Republican exclaimed while Democrat laughed at him. America rolled his eyes good at the pair, smiling. As America walked with his brothers, he turned to a separate path.

"Ame? Where are you going? Phil's party is this way!" Australia exclaimed. America smiled at his brothers.

"I'll join you guys later! I'm going to show Germany around town," America exclaimed. Canada smiled.

"Alright, have fun!" Canada exclaimed. America smiled brightly, relieved that his brother now said 'have fun' rather than 'stay safe'. America and his eagle Liberty made their way to Japans house. America was greeted by many of his friends along the way. He saw Kazakhstan and his siblings walking together to Phil's party, Mexico flying her friend Chile around, Italy helping his father make bread at their bakery, and China arguing with North Korea about who knows what. America smiled to himself, happy to see everyone's lives return to normal. Suddenly, Poland landed by his side.

"Hey Ame! Aren't you going to the party?" Poland exclaimed. America smiled at his friend.

"I'll be there in a bit, I gotta visit-,"

"Let me guess, Germany?" Poland said. America chuckled.

"You guessed it," America said. Poland smiled.

"I don't know if he'll want to, but if you can, try to convince him to come to the party! We'd all love to get to know him more!" Poland exclaimed. America nodded.

"I'll try my best," America said. With that, Poland flew off to the party, and America continued on his way to Japans house. When he got there, he was greeted by Japan.

"America! It's good to see you! I was just about to head to the party, you coming?" Japan asked. America smiled.

"Not right now, I'm hanging out with Germany first," America said. Japan nodded and pet Liberty, who climbed onto his arm and slightly nuzzled Japans face.

"Liberty, tell Nekomi I miss her when you have the chance, ok? And let her know we're all doing well," Japan said. Liberty nodded and flew back to America's shoulder. America smiled sadly at his spirit guardian and back at Japan, who sadly smiled back. Once they said their goodbyes, America went into Japans house and called out for Germany.

"Give me a moment!" Germany exclaimed. A few moments later, Germany emerged from his room. "Ame! I thought you had somewhere to be?" Germany said.

"By your side, my friend," America said. Germany rolled his eyes.

"Alright, cut the act, what do you need from me?" Germany asked. America excitedly lead Germany outside. America took a deep breath.

"You ready Liberty?" America exclaimed. Liberty cawed, before merging with America's body. Luminescent wings grew from America's back. Germany gazed in astonishment. This isn't the first time he's seen America with wings, but it was the first time he saw the process. America held out his hand chivalrously.

"Monsieur, if I may," America said jokingly. Germany groaned, a smile on his face.

"You're such a dork," Germany said. America laughed and held tightly onto his friend. He began flying through the air.

"Now I must warn you, I'm still learning. And I have not learned to stick the landing yet," America said while flying. Germany rolled his eyes.

"That's reassuring," Germany said. America laughed.

America flew Germany over the town, showing him all of his favorite places and telling him funny stories.

"Oh, and that's the lake! Me and my brothers always go swimming there, we should go sometime!" I exclaimed. Germany was maintaining a genuine smile on his face. He looked up at the sky.

"Ame, may we land near the lake? I remember you telling me how beautiful the sunset is from there," Germany said. America smiled.

"Ok, but I probably won't land on my feet," America warned. The two began their descent. Sure enough, they landed on their backs on the sand near the lake. The two giggled like children and helped each other up. The two sat next to each other, talking and admiring the sunset.

"I'm glad you and Poland are getting along, you still crushing on him?" America asked.

"Psht, I never had a crush on him... I guess I just really envied him y'know? Flying freely through the air... not a care in the world...," Germany said. America spread his wings dreamily.

"So, I finally gained your envy?" America asked. Germany rolled his eyes.

"Yeah right," Germany said. America laughed. "I'm sorry for keeping you from the party by the way. Don't feel bad if you want to head back soon," Germany said.

"Don't worry! I don't mind at all! Oh, how about you come to the party with me?" America asked.

"Oh... I don't know...," Germany said.

"C'mon, please? Japan will be there! And Poland! Please?" America pleaded, giving Germany a dejected stare. Germany chuckled at his friends childish nature.

"Alright... I'll go with you," Germany said. America smiled brightly at his friend. This all really felt surreal to him, flying through the air, seeing Germany watch the sunset from outside of the palace, simply going to an event with Germany. It all really felt like a dream come true. The two friends headed to Phil's party together, knowing finally what happily ever after felt like.

(I was thinking of hosting a Q&A for this book but who likes asking questions nowadays? It's reminicent of school and school is yucky. But if you do have any burning questions, go ahead and leave 'em in the comments and I'll respond to you individually. I hope you enjoyed the revised version of this book!)