Ominous

"Why didn't you listen to UN? Why didn't you just sit back down? Why did you have to go to the roof? America, me and your mother try so hard to keep you safe. Why do you do this to us?" Father ranted. I kept my head down.

I'm not a baby.

It's not my fault I fell, someone pushed me.

It's not my fault I'm still alive, someone saved me.

"I understand father. I'm sorry," I say. My father sighs.

"America, if there is something bothering you, please, just tell us. We want you to be happy, America. We want you to feel good about yourself... to love yourself for who you are," He says. I simply nod.

"I know. I'm fine, really," I say. My father is still not convinced. I turn away from him and start walking to my room.

"Wait! America!" I hear my father call for me. I don't care.

He must have realized I wanted some time to myself, because he didn't bother to follow me. I made it to my room to see Australia waiting by my door.

"Do you need something?" I ask. He looks me up and down.

"How are you not dead?" Australia asks bluntly.

"Umm, what?" I ask.

"Seriously! There is no way you could have survived that fall! And you walked out basically unscathed!" Australia exclaimed. I look down at myself and realize that I barely look like I just fell off of a building.

"Well... I fainted on the way down... the last thing I remember was seeing a giant bird... are you trying to say that you sent that bird to save me?" I ask. Australia's expression was even more confused.

"No? I wish I did though, that sounds epic. But there is no way a regular bird could support the wait of a grown man," Australia says.

"Then... what saved me?" I say, confused. Australia looked down in thought, but suddenly his face lit up.

"OH MY GOD! WHAT IF IT WAS YOUR SPIRIT GUARDIAN!" Australia exclaims. I laugh.

"C'mon Aussie, let's not jump to conclusions," I say.

"Hey, I said 'what if'," he says.

"Do people even see their spirit guardians?" I ask. Australia shrugs.

"I don't know, but they have to have some sort of physical form," Australia says. I sigh.

"Aussie, I appreciate the enthusiasm, but since I've gone this long without getting my powers, I think I should just assume I never will," I say. Australia frowns.

"That's not like you at all! C'mon Meri!" He exclaims. I simply shrug and enter my room.

Is it true? Could it really be my guardian? Who could know for certain...?

Germany!

That's it! He told me he was doing research on this stuff! Maybe he knows the answer! Ok, I'll visit Germany tomorrow!

This could be the start of something incredible.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE'S STILL ALIVE?"

"Calm down! It's not my fault! I found him at the top of the palace, and I lent Germany enough strength to break out of his restraints! Everything was going perfectly to plan-,"

"Then why, may I ask, is he not DEAD?!"

"I don't know! It's almost as if something- or someone- caught him! He left barely injured!"

"But how? I thought you said he doesn't have powers!"

"He doesn't! HE SHOULD BE DEAD!"

"Are you going to stop screaming?!"

"Shut up! You jeopardized this entire plan!"

"Enough! Both of you! We need to figure out our next move. He may not be dead, but at least everyone's trust in Germany is still at a decline. And we haven't even started on our plan with S-,"

"Don't say his name!"

"Why not?"

"Just don't,"

"Cut it out you two! And he's right, we need to focus on getting more people on our side. I'll go out and look for posible allies, while you two work on finding more of those gem things- what are they called?"

"Hindering crystals, they are used to suppress the power of the wearer, but when utilized with the correct materials, they might just help us finally reach our goal!"

"You mean your goal,"

"I still don't know why you don't want to join us with world domination. Don't you want more power?"

"Power was never a concern of mine, I just want to set things right, once and for all.

Enjoy your life while it lasts America. I'm back to take what's rightfully mine,"