Through Japan's Eyes

Though I couldn't lure both Reich and my father away from my friends, I've now got my father following me through the village.... I just have to avoid him for long enough for him to give up looking... then I will have given my friends at least somewhat of a head-start....

The world around me inverts in color, and I feel like the ground is sloshing like waves beneath my feet.

"Just give up, pathetic child!" I hear my father yell as I hide behind a small fountain, trying to catch my breath. I look around...

no....

"Nekomi?" I whisper shakily. I look around some more, and realize... I've lost sight of her....

"Looking for someone?" My father cackles. Suddenly... shes at my feet, her white coat red with blood....

suddenly, a luminescent, ghostly cat arose from Nekomi's body, and shot a beam of light so bright, it gave me enough time to pick up her corpse and sprint as fast as my legs could carry me, as my father blindly shielded himself from the beam. I know that what I just saw was a spirit guardian...Nekomi's guardian...... and though I'll never see her again, she spent the last moments of her existence protecting me...

My father will pay for what he's done...