chapter 52- forward

"i was wondering," karl suddenly says in the middle of our show. we're both watching survivor, which he claims is his favorite show, but i'm having a hard time believing that. this show seems incredibly boring to me. "do you still not want the fans to know that we're a thing? now that we've made it official and stuff."

i bite the inside of my cheek in thought. sometimes i forget karl's an internet celebrity.

"if not that's totally cool. we can wait as long as you want to," he quickly adds.

"i mean..." i drawl. "now that it's official, i wouldn't mind them knowing."

karl shifts his attention from the show to me, his eyes wide. i laugh at him, noticing his expression out of the corner of my eye.

"you mean it?"

"no."

karl slumps in his seat, crossing his arms and pouting. i let out another laugh at his childish reaction.

"you're so bad at detecting when i'm joking. we need to work on that," i remark, covering my mouth with my hand. karl's head perks up again, tilting it to the side.

"so i can tell everyone?" he asks. i give a swift nod. karl whips out his phone and starts typing.

"oh my god, are you announcing it now?"

he holds his phone to my face in response, and i squint to read the twitter draft in front of me.

"@havenevergreen is my blondie forever and always and i'm in love with her and i'm gonna make her my bride one day," i read out loud, a heavy blush covering my cheeks. "jesus christ. you're adorable, but that's very straight forward and sudden."

"and?"

"and you're gonna freak people out."

"so?"

"so maybe go for something a little more subtle?"

"uhh..." karl trails off as i feel my phone vibrate in my hand. i look at it and sigh.

1 new tweet from @KarlJacobs_

"that's so sweet!" he says, glancing over my shoulder at my phone. "you have my twitter notifications on!"

i open the tweet and sure enough, it's the one that karl just typed out. it already has quite a high number of likes, and the number increases by the thousands every time i refresh the page.

"do you want me to delete it?" karl asks with a giggle.

"everyone's already screenshotted it by now," i reply. "plus, it's not too bad."

i hit the quote retweet button, and after sending out a tweet, karl's phone buzzes.

"so you have my notifications on as well!" i point out as karl reads my tweet out loud.

"true @KarlJacobs_," he reads. "so anticlimactic. you would've thought you'd be swooning over me after i profess my love like that."

"i can't let people know that. you're the affectionate one."

"and you're not?"

"anyway!" i stand up quickly. "i have to go to the bathroom. and i'm hungry. so i'll be back eventually. enjoy your show!"

i turn on my heel and i can feel karl's eyes burning into the back of my head, a light chuckle escaping him when i'm further away.

*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。✰

karl's pov

when haven completely disappears from view, i turn my head back to the tv. but my attention isn't on the tv, rather on what i just tweeted.