chapter 31- delete

sapnap follows me as i make my way to the science building. the science building is the biggest building in school because of the vast amount of science classes the school offers: biology, chemistry, physics, astronomy, anatomy, zoology... you name it, they got it. so there are two floors of the building, and when looking at the building from the front, you can either A) turn left and walk up the stairs to the second floor or B) stay on the first floor and go into one of the classrooms. or you could do something that most students have trouble doing the first time, which is find your way to the back of the building and go into the classrooms back there. on the very far right side of the building, there's a small path that leads to a more open area, where you can find those classrooms. 

the two of us walk down this path, then take a quick left, the classrooms looking the same as i remember. we walk past all of the classrooms and find ourselves at a little area under the stairs.

the two of us sit down once we get there, and sapnap looks at me with wonder in his eyes.

"you're really good at this," he gushes.

"thanks. probably because i went here," i reply with a smile. "i don't think they'll find us over here. at least not for a while. i cried on my first day of freshman year because i struggled so hard to find this back area."

sapnap snorts, and i can't help but laugh, too. i can't believe i just admitted that to him.

while we're hiding, six other people are caught, nolan being one of them. turns out a lot of people decided to hide in groups, which led to multiple people getting caught at once.

thirteen people left.

the two of us talk and film a bit, until jimmy's voice rings through our earpieces again.

"hiders, you're down to twelve now," he says. "karl has been caught."

sapnap and i look at each other, our mouths agape.

"karl?" i gasp.

"yeah, he kinda sucks at hide and seek," sapnap laughs. "he's played so many times and can never win."

"since both nolan and karl are out, and there are still so many of you... i thought i'd enlist in some seeking help," jimmy announces. "so beware of nolan and karl, because they're now hunting you down, as well. good luck!"

the earpiece audio goes silent, and my heart picks up. a look of panic flashes through my eyes, and sapnap is quick to notice it.

"no need to freak out," he says. "just listen for footsteps approaching. if you hear anyone, we book it."

"actually, if we book it, we run right into them," i reply. "they will have us cornered." i face palm. "shit. i should've thought of that before bringing us in here."

"nah, it's fine. we'll just hop into one of the classrooms and pray they pass us by. but you said this place is difficult to find, so i think we'll be alright."

i nod at sapnap's words of affirmation, and try to focus on what he said. though my pessimistic mindset is having a hard time doing so.

the two of us continue like before, talking mindlessly about ourselves, getting to know each other.

"so i know you're a youtuber, thanks to karl and my sister," i say. "what's that like?" 

sapnap laughs at the question.

"i hardly post on youtube, but yeah that's one of the things i do. i also stream, and i'm on twitter and instagram pretty frequently."

"stream?"