chapter 46- dancing

the next few hours at karl's house were pure bliss, filled with gentle kisses and "i love you's" scattered throughout. even throughout the movie that we decided to put on (which we hardly watched).

"do you have to go home?" karl asks as the ending credits of our movie start playing. i lift my head off his shoulder and smile.

"i mean, i could go. but i don't have to," i reply teasingly.

"then by all means feel free to stay."

"can i borrow a shirt?"

karl's face turns pink.

"please do," he says with a nod.

i get up and go to karl's closet, grabbing the first shirt that i see. it's black with red letters on it that spell out "sapnap." i scoff lightly as i pull the shirt over my head. it's a loose fit, but not obnoxiously big. i don't change out of my shorts, seeing as they're fleece and comfortable enough.

i walk back into the room and karl eyes my outfit, laughing quietly to himself.

"you'd look better in my merch," he says. i narrow my eyes at him. "but you still look... delectable."

"delectable?" i ask, attempting to hold back a laugh.

"it was the first word that came to mind! i'm sorry!" he raises his hands in defeat.

"anyway! you have merch?" i ask as i sit next to him and put my legs under our blanket again.

"of course i do, remind me to show you the website later and i'll order whatever you want."

i don't remember falling asleep, but after a while of more talking, i guess at some point we both drifted off right there on the couch. and i didn't wake until i felt my phone vibrating against my leg.

"jesus..." i mutter as i warily open my eyes and check my phone.

incoming call: sapnap

"what the hell does he want?" i ask myself as i cautiously get up and answer the phone, moving to the bathroom. "do you have any idea what time it is?"

"hello to you, too," he says, his voice just as energetic as ever, even if it is insanely late. "it looks like it's 2:31. don't tell me you were sleeping."

"as a matter of fact i was!"

"man, you're not on the streamer sleep schedule yet. don't worry, you will be if you continue hanging out with all of us."

"why did you call me?" i ask as i pinch the bridge of my nose.

"right. so, i just wanted to let you know that karl's birthday is in 6 days– technically 5 if you're counting today as july 14th, considering it's almost 3 AM– and..." his voice trails off as my jaw hangs open.

his birthday is that soon?! i totally lost track of time!

"are we doing anything?" i question, almost in a panic.

"i mean, the boys haven't planned anything, but-"

"then i'll plan something. shit, what day of the week is the 19th?" i put sapnap on speaker as i open my calendar app.

"it's a saturday," sapnap answers as soon as i see it in my calendar.

"okay, perfect. we can do something on his exact birthday. it can be a surprise party. you only turn twenty four once, anyway."

"you only turn every age once, but that's besides the point."

"thanks, captain obvious. anyway, do you think he'd mind it being at his house? cause it's a lot bigger than my apartment. maybe you and the other guys can take him out for the day, while i set everything up in his house and invite everyone over, and when he comes back: surprise! fun house party!"