chapter 44- quiplash

"hello everyone!" karl greets after thousands of people join his stream. he switches from the "starting soon" screen to the camera, painting a large display of the two of us sitting in chairs. "as you can see, we have a special guest here with us! haven is joining the crew boys once again, this time for a game of quiplash!"

"hi!" i say as i wave at the camera with a big smile. hopefully not too big of a smile.

karl moves his tab to discord as he undeafens himself on call.

"HELLO KAVEN!" quackity shouts as soon as he notices that the deafen icon has disappeared.

"that's not how you pronounce my name," i correct sarcastically. "it starts with an H, not a K."

"silly girl, haven't you heard? kaven is the new trend."

"where..?"

"on twitter? haven't you opened that recently?"

i pick up my phone and my eyes unconsciously trail to the chat, filled with people that are seemingly freaking out.

SCATTER

THEY KNOW

quackity is the captain of the ship?

brb deleting my twitter!!

get kaven trending so haven can see it >:)

i laugh lightly and shake my head.

"i haven't, should i check now?" i ask, teasing the chat a little, leading them to panic even more.

"you should," karl eggs on. normally i would've scoffed and rolled my eyes, but instead i feel myself get all jittery inside.

weird.

"maybe after the stream..." i reply awkwardly, setting my phone back down.

"fine with me. you need your phone for quiplash, though."

"oh."

i reach for my phone at the same time karl does, and our hands knock together. i retract my hand quickly and my breath hitches in my throat. karl turns towards me as he hands me my phone.

"are you good?" he asks. i swiftly nod and he shrugs. "anyway, chat! like i said, today we're all playing quiplash! don't forget that you can join the audience and vote for the answer you like best!"

the five boys talk for a while longer as karl sets up quiplash, with me popping in every once in a while. i mostly read the chat, which is now filled with people that are too observant for their own good.

is haven okay?

why does this feel so much more awkward than the last stream LOL

hide-and-seek duo please interact more :(

i feel like the kaven ship is slowly sinking...

karl notices me staring at the messages with an uncomfortable look on my face. he glances at me for a moment before looking back at his stream. but i feel his foot lightly kick mine under the desk.

i look at his face before looking at his hand under the desk. his hand first points at me, then it turns into a thumbs up.

you good?

"you already asked," i mumble under my breath, smiling slightly.

"chat, i'm gonna be right back, quiplash is struggling to get set up. give me a minute." karl goes on mute and switches to a starting soon screen. then he swivels around in his chair to fully face me.