Chapter 6: Bus stop

Start from the beginning

"What can I get you?" The barmaid smiled at them.

"Four beers and your number." One of them winked at her, a taller guy with a beard and a shaved head.

"I don't give my number to customers, sorry." She turned to pick up four glasses and began pouring beer.

"And what if you're not working?" He insisted.

She shifted her weight uncomfortably from one leg to the other and tried to smile. "I'll think about it."

"Come on baby." He smiled at his friends. "We'd have fun."

Clutching the small glass in my hand, I tried to ignore them.

"I said I'd think about it. Your beers." She placed four glasses in front of them and told them how much to pay

"I knew you black bitches don't know how to have fun." He threw money on the counter and tried to take the beer, but she stopped him with her hand.

"Get the hell out." She said harshly. "I'm sure you and your friends are capable of finding another bar."

"You're one of the feisty ones, huh?" He laughed and grabbed her hand, which was preventing him from taking the beer. "Why don't you show me somewhere more private?"

"Let go of my hand, you moron."

"Oh, moron." He and his friends laughed. "That's all you got in you? Funny." He snorted. "Give us a few minutes and I assure you, you will have something entirely different in y..."

"Hey!" I put the glass down hard on the counter, forcing drops of vodka to jump out. "She said to let her go and get the hell out. What did you not understand about that?" Everyone looked at me, the guys really pissed and the barmaid with a little fear in her eyes.

"Did you say something?" He let go of her hand and walked towards me, his friends following him like little ducklings following their mother.

"Yes, and you heard me." I turned my head to the side to look into his eyes. "She's obviously not interested. So why don't you get the fuck out? And don't forget your little ugly ducklings." I nodded my head behind him. "Good chat." I turned back and took the glass in my hand.

Before I could drink it, he took it from my hand and drank it himself. "You were saying?"

"You should get your ears cleaned." I looked at him again, his face a little more red than before.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" He frowned.

"Someone who wants to let off some steam." I straightened up and my hand wandered to a half-full bottle of vodka. I wrapped my fingers around it and smiled. "I was planning to drink, but this will be better."

"What the fuck are you talk..." Before he could finish, I gripped the bottle tightly and smashed it against his head.

The barmaid screamed and covered her mouth as the guy in front of me fell to the ground, his friends looking at his body before looking at me, their hands clenched into fists.

This is going to be fun.