Chapter 34

Chapter 34 ━━ Antonia

Sorry for the waiting

Sorry for the waiting. Here's a long chapter for your patience. Enjoy!
Comments=MoreUpdates!
Don't forget to vote!

━━━━━━━━☆★☆━━━━━━━━

Twenty years old Hedeon enters General Dreykov's office with his latest mission report. But instead of his father, he finds a two-year-old noirette sitting on his father's chair with an attempted bossy look. It is very clear that she is trying to imitate General Dreykov's cold intimidating facade. 

Hedeon has seen the girl before once or twice from far as General Dreykov never let him cross paths with the girl before. 

Her gaze set upon the frozen young man in the middle of the room and her big whiskey eyes widened with adoration and her face sparkling with a matching smile. 

Hedeon tilts his head, and a brief look of realisation dawns upon him before it quickly passes away as if it hasn't existed in the first place. With confusion spreading throughout his void mind, he comes back to his senses to feel a tug on the sleeve of his suit. He darts down to see the small girl now standing in front of him, her hand attached to the end of the sleeve of his suit. She is swift and very brave. He gives her that. 

To his surprise, he kneels to her level with a raised eyebrow. He observes her closely to notice the similarities she shares with him. 

He concludes that the girl is his half-sister. Antonia Dreykov. That must be the reason why General Dreykov treats her as a precious treasure. The soul in front of him doesn't understand the slightest knowledge of the danger she is surrounded by. 

The project Destroyer should feel even the tiniest emotion of enviousness. But he feels nothing as his tree of sentiments is locked and buried in the depth of his mind which he has no control over. 

Hedeon's muscles tense immediately when the small girl wraps her small arms around him unexpectedly, enveloping him in a tight, affectionate embrace. 

"Dada." 

The word itself triggers his mind, flooding with many emotions. His eyes water at first and then his memories cloud him, turning him into a sobbing mess. 

"Naw cry." Antonia reaches out and pushes the corners of his lips into a smile with her tiny hands. "Smile." 

Hedeon smiles through his tremendous sorrow and pain as the little girl wipes his tears away. He ought to find a way out. He must find Yelena first, grab the little child and escape together. He has to- 

"Antonia, it is time to go to bed." General Dreykov's voice echoes through the room, alarming the Red Rook. 

"No, not her. Please." Hedeon pleads, not wanting his sister to face the terrors he faced as a child. "She's just a child."