Chapter 28

Chapter 28 ━━ The Game’s Not Finished, Bro

━━━━━━━━☆★☆━━━━━━━━

Still in the building, Clint is on the run from Tracksuits who are chasing Clint through the rest of the floor, and with nowhere else to go, he jumps out the window and right into the Rockefeller Christmas tree. With two properly placed arrows and a soft 'timber,' Kate sends the tree careening down onto the ice skating rink below.  

Heather is the first to arrive at Clint and help him to his feet. When Kate is quickly able to create enough of a diversion on the ice to get the three or them to safety. But, the only way off the ice is up a set of stairs, which is now populated with dozens of Tracksuits. 

Seeing no other option, Clint decides it’s time and stuffs a bunch of trick arrows into Kate’s holster. The only way to get out of this is to work together. "Here, take these." 

"No way. Is it time?" Kate asks with wide eyes. 

"It’s time." Clint confirms and scans the area whilst Heather loads his handguns with enthusiasm for action. "All right, guys. Let’s give ’em hell." 

With the signal, Heather bombards the first batch of Tracksuit with his bullets in no time. As trick arrows fly through the air, the trio manage to subdue every single Tracksuit Mafia member coming at them on the ice. 

When one of their moving vans starts careening towards the ice, Kate unknowingly grabs a Pym arrow and sends it flying, shrinking the vehicle down to size. 

"That was cool." Heather comments, watching the tiny truck with amusement. 

"What happens now?" She asks concerned, but Clint can only shrug. 

"I’ll have to ask Scott about that." He says, but an owl then swoops in and carries the little vehicle, and the little Tracksuit Mafia members inside, away. "Well, there’s that. Let’s go." 

"Kate, your mom just came out the side door." Grills informs Kate from the comms. 

"Copy." Kate replies and turns to the Avenger, breathing heavily after the fight on ice. "I gotta go find her." 

"You okay?" Clint asks with concern. 

"Yeah." Kate nods when a bullet skimming by and then sees Kazi with two other Tracksuits. 

"Just go." Clint demands, shooting an arrow and splitting it with a second which Kazi catches when it is just inches from his face. 

"Nice shot!" Kazi yells across the rink. 

"Yeah, no shit!" Clint yells back and aims to shoot another arrow when a gunfire hits the air, where Kazi holds onto his shoulder, and falls on his knees. 

Heather holsters his gun back on the gun holder and turns to see Clint giving him a look. "What? I was bored." 

"We need to find Kate-"