"Torniamo a casa," I sighed, slowly turning to face him. Leandro stood there with a hurt look on his face, one that told me he would hold this against me. 
(Italian: we're going home)

"I met my son yesterday for the first time, and I saw you for the first time in five years, and now you're just running away again?" He said, he had a pleading look on his face. 

I shook my head, looking at Rico and then back at him. 

"I'm not disappearing Leandro," I murmured

"You have a habit of doing that Artemisia, what will be different this time? I don't hear from you for four years?" Leo responded and I exhaled shakily. "I can't keep doing this, not knowing where you are, how you are. These last five years have been hell, and as soon as I see you again, you get up and leave." 

"Rico, go say bye to your father," I murmured, and I watched as Rico went over to Leandro and hugged him which caused a sad smile to come to Leandro's face as he hugged our son back. 

"Ci vediamo presto, Rico." Leandro sighed and I shut my eyes, feeling like I was going about this in the wrong way. 
(Italian: I'll see you very soon, Rico)

Rico walked back over to me, looking at me curiously, and I hadn't even noticed that I was crying. I felt totally overwhelmed, I felt guilty for leaving, I felt guilty for hurting Leandro in the way that I clearly was. 

Suddenly I felt his strong arms wrap around me and hold me tight against him, so similar to that time in the alleyway where I had broken down. I reluctantly allowed myself to hug him back, but once I did I felt totally safe in his arms. It was as if none of the chaos had ever happened, as if my resentments towards him had vanished. 

"Ti amo mia bella ragazza," he murmured into my ear causing my stomach to flip. 
(Italian: I love you my beautiful girl)

"I love you too Leo," I said quietly, pulling away from him and giving him a weak smile; it was scary how quickly I could forget about everything. I scooped Rico up and placed him on my hip and looked between the two of them. 

"Keep taking care of your Mama for me, you've been doing a great job," Leo said gently to Rico, cupping his cheek. 

"Okay Papa, I will," Rico nodded, unaware of the significance of him calling Leandro that. I smiled widely at Leo who could't hide his own smile, but mine was cut short by the sight of Clementina coming over with a look of rage on her face. 

"We should go," I said nervously, taking a step back, and Leandro turned to see Clementina. He stepped in front of us, as to protect my son and I from her wrath, but I could predict the venom that she was about to speak with. 

"Did you plan this?" she accused, narrowing her eyes, "did you do this on purpose because you wanted to ruin everyone's lives even more with a stupid kid?"

"Rico, go get in the car, the man is over there," I muttered, putting him down

"Why did she call me stupid?" he asked sadly 

"Because she's stupid, and she can't tell right from wrong. Don't listen to her Piccolo." I replied, kissing his forehead. My son smiled and ran off to the car where the driver was waiting for us. 

"Don't ever talk about my son that way," I glared at her, Leandro now by my side instead of in front of me 

"You don't get to tell me what to do, not when you come back into our lives uninvited and unannounced. You're a parasite Artemisia, everyone knows it, it just seems like Leandro, Domencio and Luiz, and Anton and Carina are too thick to get that into their heads."