Chapter 19

I was crying into Max's shoulder, he was hugging be me tight. I did feel safe with him, very. I wrapped my arms around him and cried into him, he whispered sweet nothings into my ear.

"You need to go Rosella. You can come with me, we'll live like it never-"

"When does the potion wear off?" I asked quickly.

"Well, when was the last time you ate?"

"Last night I think.." I said, putting my cheek on his face. "Yeah, around 8."

"Then, just about now." He said, wrapping his arms around me, gently rubbing circles on my back with his thumb.

"Then I'm going to tell him I'm leaving." I said, "Wait outside for me?"

"Of course." He said, kissing my forehead. I flew down, his hand in mine. I took a deep breath and put my ear to the door.

"Oh yeah? That's why you've been drugging her? I'm done with the spells. You're on your own, this is bullshit Kendall. Learn your battles!" I heard w woman's voice yell, and footsteps towards the door. I quickly flew and sat on the roof, Max by my side.

She walked outside and pulled out a pen, shaking it and a large broom showing where the pen was.

Witch

She's a witch, of course. I quickly flew down and walked in, looking at Kendall.

He walked over to me with a smile, a plate of food in his hand. "I'm not hungry. I'm leaving actually. It was nice meeting you."

"Rosella." He growled, setting the plate down. I ignored him, turning and walking the other way. He grabbed my wing as tight as he could causing me to scream. "Stop!"

He squeezed tighter, I started to cry and try to pull away. I heard a loud, 'swoosh', and I looked up to see Max. His wings where darker then before and his eyes were bright purple. "Let her go."

He quickly let me go and I ran to Max, running into his arms. "Who are you? Let go of her."

"No." Max said, short and loud. He turns around and walked towards the door. "Drugging Angels? Classy Kendall."

Kendall growled, and shakes violently. Max quickly put his arms around me, tightly grasping at me before walking outside and shooting into the air. "Hold on."

I grasped onto his shirt and squeezed my eyes shut. We were like that for a long time, and I was comfortable the entire time.

When our feet touched the ground, I sighed softly. I honestly didn't want him to stop, he would kiss my head every couple minutes.

"That was nice." I smiled, kissing his cheek softly. He smiled and pulled me close to his chest, running his fingers through my hair.

"We're home." He said, spinning me around towards his home. I felt myself melt, it was a large beach house, perfect size for a family and it kind of looked like a vacation spot.

"It's so pretty Max." I said, looking down. He lifted my chin and kissed my forehead softly.

"Want to talk?" He said causing me to nod. "It's time you know the truth."

___

BET YALL DIDNT SEE THAT ONE COMING. HAHAHAHHA PLOT TWIST.