Colin

Colin had just arrived in his room in the sandy beaches of Greece. He loved it there already. The sandy beaches and the sparkling water that seemed to reflect the sun. He was unpacking his things into a draw when his butler walked in.
"Mr Bridgerton there's a letter from your family that just arrived."
"Thank you Charles." Taking the letter from him he sat down on the bed.
Dearest Colin,
I hope your trip to Greece is going well. When this reaches you, your hopefully already there and settled in. Listen the reason I write to you now is because we have news about Penelope. She wrote to Eloise a day before this letter was sent and it had some interesting and heart breaking things inside. Portia and the rest of the featherington family has abandoned her completely. Lord Archibald is dead found in that grotty pub he frequented. She wrote that she found refuge with the queen and that she is safe but until we see her we won't know for sure but I have high hopes that the queen wouldn't harm a hair on her head but we don't know. I thought you would like to know and would be mad if you didn't. I'm hoping that when we see her she will let you know herself if she is safe and well. Have fun on your trip and do come home safe.
Your always,
Mother
To say that Colin was furious was an understatement. He wanted to board the next boat to England but decided until her heard from Penelope himself that leaving would be held off. Wanting to kill all the featheringtons expect his darling pen, he walked out of his room and onto the beach hoping to relax.

A few days later he was in the sun room writing in his travel journal all about his adventure. Swimming in the blue sea and trying all the new cuisines to hiking the mountains all around them and exploring the villages. He was so focused he didn't notice Charles walking in.
"Mr Bridgerton there is another letter for you. It comes from the British royal family." Getting up quickly and snatching the letter out of Charles hands he sat back down, tore open the envelope and pulled out the parchment to see the elegant writing of his darling pen.
To my Dearest Colin,
By the time this letter has reached you, your family's letter would already be in your possession. I know you know what has happened and are furious as is everyone else that has been informed. Let me settle some of that anger. I am fine and completely safe here at Buckingham House with her majesty Queen Charlotte(or Charlotte as I have been asked to call her) and have felt more at home here than anywhere else expect when I'm in your family's home. She has been most kind to me and has even bought me a whole new wardrobe full of different styles and colours so no more horrible hideous yellow. I wanted you to hear from me because I know you would be worried until you heard from me. As I said I'm safe, content and happy although missing you dearly. Come back home safe and sound and with you lots of stories to tell me.
Yours forever
Pen
Breathing a sign of relief he could finally relax knowing his pen was safe from harm and not at all uncomfortable with her situation. Living with the queen must be an experience. Turning to face Charles he took a deep breath.
"Charles change of plans instead of not returning for the season I have been given a reason to do so. Make sure everyone is aware of the plan change and make sure that there is no problem." Without saying anything else Charles nodded and walked away. Turning back to the table he grabbed a piece of parchment and started replying to Penelope's letter.
My dearest pen,
I'm so glad to hear from you. I was so worried when I got my families letter about what had happened and the queen's hospitality. Reading your letter has given me a faith I didn't know I needed but to know your safe is all that matters. By the time this reaches you it will be the start of the season and hopefully I'm there to see you at Lady Danbury ball. Save me a dance if you please, knowing your safe will be different with you in my arms. Can't wait to see you.
Always yours,
Colin
Sealing the letter, he picked it up and walked to the nearest footman to post it. Grabbing his coat he left the house for the beach and some afternoon tea.