THE SOUL QUEEN

Scarlett Frost, a 15 year old girl lives alone in a remote town of clan less people, who hate her, believing that her dear family passed away. Soon, she gets the shock of her life when she is teleported into a world full of magical powers and discovers that her family is alive. As she starts adjusting to the new world, she starts to discover secrets and hidden truths about her world and herself, if revealed will put everything and everyone she loves at stake.......

                                                                                   CHAPTER 1

THE DREAM

I open my eyes and find nothing but pure darkness surrounding me. It is so dark that I cannot even see my own self. Where am I? What is this place? All my senses feel numb. I cannot hear anything, I cannot smell anything, I cannot see anything, and I cannot even sense anything. I start walking unconsciously through the darkness, hoping I would find someone. After walking a few metres, I hear a faint sound of a human crying. I follow the direction of the sound looking around through the darkness.

The sound becomes more and more distinct as I walk, and I find a structure of a small boy crouching down and burying his head in his hands. I go towards the boy and hear him crying.

"What happened little boy? Are you okay?" I ask him.

He slowly lifts his head up, and all I can see are his magnetic dark blue eyes that are shining like the stars on the milky way. I feel like I have seen these eyes before, but where have I seen them? I don't remember.

"Are you lost" I ask him.

But he just stares at me blankly with those attractive dark blue eyes.

Suddenly, the darkness that surrounds us seems to fade away and a bright light takes over. I close my eyes tightly because of the intensity of the bright light. All my senses which were earlier numb are awakened. I hear trees rustling, the sound of water flowing, I smell the moisture of mud before it rains and feel the warm sunlight on my skin. I open my eyes and find myself surrounded by huge trees, grass and greenery everywhere.

To my right I find a water stream flowing from a mountain hill. Beside the water stream, I find a row of 10 to 15 huge houses made of wood beside each other extending almost into the forest. This place is very beautiful and peaceful. The sky looks clear with the bright sunlight. It's very warm and lovely. I open my arms to feel the warmth and close my eyes as the cool breeze sends chills down my spine. As I adjust to the surrounding feeling peaceful and happy, the image of the little boy I found earlier strikes my mind. Where is he? Where did he go? Did he belong to this place?

Almost instantly, the ground beneath me heaves and shakes and I sway here and there as I lose balance. I fall to the ground due to the sudden movements and I close my eyes due to the strong wind. After a moment, the ground stops to shake and I feel drops of water falling on my face.

I open my eyes and find the sky filled with huge dark clouds. I hear loud thunders and it starts to pour heavily. I struggle to get up because of the movements earlier. I slowly stand up as I am completely drenched by the heavy rain. I look around and find all the houses partly destroyed. Broken pieces of wood and glass are scattered on the dry and lifeless ground. The trees and the forest too are destroyed. I cannot hear anything except the heavy down pour of rain and the stream of water beside which is flowing with full force. The place which was earlier warm and welcoming feels cold and dead. I find flashes of lightning hitting the ground with a huge thunder.

I look around and find the boy again crouching down and crying. I find him in ragged clothes with red stains all over. As I approach him, the atmosphere feels heavy with the scent of blood piercing my nose.