Chapter 3- Dances

¹⁹⁸⁴
The ride to the hotel wasn't very long. Less than 2 hours. Just enough for both soldiers to read-up on what their mission entails. There wasn't much other than the assassination that was to take place and orders to make it look accidental.

Shouldn't be that hard for two well trained soldiers.

The jet landed not far from where they were supposed to stay. But a vehicle came to pick them up anyway. Inside were 2 duffles.

Both had a label as to who they belonged too. Ghost opened hers and inside were her mission papers, the dress she was supposed to wear along with accessories. And the hidden weapons she was to carry for emergency.

The mission details didn't have much in them. But they did give a few options as to what method they should use to kill Mr.Smith.

Option 1- heart attack
Use strychnine, insert directly into a vein, somewhere undetectable

Option 2- Hitman Assassination
Shoot through window in hotel room

Option 3- spike drink
Use strychnine in an alcoholic <fruity> drink. Mask the smell.

3 options wasn't alot but it was enough for her to work with. The winter soldier read his file aswell. In his duffle included a suit, the same weapons. And a list of dances that were to be used throughout the night.

The rest of the car ride was eerily quiet. Not even the soft sound of the radio to hear or view of the streets to watch since the windows were hardly transparent.

The car came to a sudden stop as the soldiers left the vehicle looking at the hotel they were to stay at. Hydra had already taken care of their covers.

Ghost was to be Elenor Nelson. A girl from a small town in Colorado. Who was to arrive with her 'date' Harvey Armstrong. Also from the same town and best friends since the 6th grade.

The winter soldier already started walking away from her as she put on her fake face and pretended to be exited for the dance that was to be held.

"Harvey wait up." She called adding a slight giggle to really sell the gig.

The old couple walking nearby smiled. Remembering how they used to be just like the charade the two were playing.

The soldier stopped and looked back at her for a moment before remembering his own role in this 'game'.

"Well. Elli you need to quicken up" he smiled. Although fake it looked so real to any untrained eye.

As she slightly jogged up to him. He took her bag to continue their roles and she leaned into his shoulder slightly looking up at him.

A doorman opened the door smiling at the 'couple' entering the building. Making their way to the check-in desk. Being completely aware of all their surroundings and any exits incase of emergency.

"Hello. Do we have a reservation today" the lady behind the desk asked.

"Yes. For Mr. Armstrong" the soldier replied in a fake voice.

"You have a wonderful stay at our hotel Mr.Armstrong." She said handing him the key to their room. Room 228.

Once onto the elevator both soldiers stepped away from eachother with no need to be close anymore. But as the doors opened again they were right back to holding hands and playing their game. All the way to the room.

Once the winter soldier shut the door. He dropped the bags and went to survey the area. Looking for any bugs, cameras or anything else that might give them away.

Ghost went to the windows, looking down the fire escape and watching the streets move around them. They were on the 3rd floor of the building and everything outside was a little far away.

Once she finished looking outside, she made sure the window was locked and secure. She grabbed the duffle and went to prepare herself for the dance tonight. It was currently 5 and the dance started at 7:30.

------------------
⁷'²⁴
Once she was out of the bathroom. She smothed out her dress and looked in the full-length mirror across the room.

The winter soldier was already dressed, only looking at the mission details again and ensuring he had everything needed to complete it.

Ghost walked over to him and looked at the papers herself. Once they were both finished they stood up and made their way to the banquet hall.

They entered the room with locked arms looking around, pretending to enjoy the scenery, but really keeping a careful eye on who was around and where possible exits were.

After 30 minutes of "chatting" with eachother they went to the dance floor after seeing Harlen dancing with women.

The soldiers nodded to eachother understanding what they had to do. The winter soldier would go and ask the lady for a dance while harlen switched to dance with Ghost.

"Sorry to interupt. May I" The soldier asked to the woman with his hand out. She nodded before saying bye to harlen. Leaving to dance with the winter soldier.

This left ghost and harlen standing there before he offered her his hand.

As they circled around the floor harlen finnaly spoke up.

"You have such beautiful eyes. Has anyone ever told you?" He said smirking.

"No. No I don't think they have " Ghost said smiling and looking down slightly.

"What do you say we ditch this party and head back to my place. My room has a wonferful view" he continued.

"I don't see why not. Lead the way." She smiled as Harlen grabbed her hand and led her through the crowds. She looked back at the winter solider and nodded. He saw her and quickly dismissed the woman he was dancing with to slowly follow behind.