Chapter 2- Mission

¹⁹⁸⁴
I was kept in a strange machine. Having no idea what it was but everytime i was put into it. Everyone around me became older and seemed more irritated that they had to go through it again. It only happened 3 times and this time, i was out for longer than before.

  The days have passed in blurs. Each one something new happens but only something small. The only time something major changed was when i thought about killing the guard about to beat my sister and it happened.

  i was congratulated by all the scientists around me, but i don't know why. I don't even know how i did it. If i did it.

  But they never sent someone to touch Lacey again and for that i was grateful. Although that's always the threat if i didnt comply to whatever they wanted.

  For some reason whatever they did to Lacey doesn't affect her. Atleast not the way they wanted. Whenever they inject a serum into her she falls into a coma and stays asleep for several weeks. But once she's awake there are no traces left.

  And she's hardly ever awake. The only time doctors can get close enough to check on her i am either having tests myself or in the room watching carefully as they changeher Iv's.

  I haven't properly slept in years but something they did to me made that possible.

  I've also adopted the hard gaze of the soldier who is around most days. Glaring at anyone and anything that moves.

  I also haven't seen the soldier in 2 weeks. A record actualy. Typically they through us in the same cell or have blood work and tests done at the same time. And sometimes we train with eachother

   Sometimes the doctors whisper in Russian and German their plans. Although I understand both. I can never make out more than a few words at a time.

"миссия"
Mission
"зимний солдат"
Winter soldier
"Призрак"
Ghost

I've heard them say Призрак around me alot. I think it's what they call me although only 1 or 2 people have actualy said it to my face. Everyone else calls me project 66302. Which is written on my cell.

  As I sit in my room watching my sister sleep I hear words over the intercom again

тишина
      >Silence<
двадцать
      >Twenty<

"Stop"

Лейси
      >Lacey<
лодка
      >Boat<
Слабость
      >weakness<

"HEY. I SAID STOP"

начать сначала
      >start over<
украденный
      >stolen<

"SHUT UP"

лучше
      >better<
забывать
      >forget<

____________

                 солдат
>soldier<
                 готов выполнить
>ready to comply<

The words did something. She felt trapped inside her own mind as her body moved against her own will to the door. Not sparring a glance at the girl laying on the bed.

Still using her jacket from years ago as a cover. Even if it was dusty and cracked from age. Nothing could get her to drop it.

The door to the cell soon opened and stood 4 guards ready to take the soldier away again.

  Leading her to an old room she never wished to enter again. They only used it when it was 100% certian she wouldn't do whatever they asked.

  Although the shell of a human following orders may seem like it. Her walls weren't strong enough to withstand whatever they chose to throw at her.

  After a seccond of adjusting the chair the locks covered her arms and legs as a guard put a rubber mouth piece in.

The girl clenched her jaw as the machine whirred to life moving its illuminating blue headpiece over her face as a 'doctor' pushed a few buttons. And not before long the currents began soaring through her body like a wave crashing into rocks.

  Screams were sent from the room. Echoing down the halls to the empty cells and other rooms with small flashing lights. Each one filled with a table and chairs scattered and pushed around.

  Back in the room. The electricity finnaly stopped and the 'scientists' removed the mouth guard and bars securing her arms and legs.

        " имя"
>name<

        " призрак"
>ghost<

        " число"
>number<

        " шестьдесят шесть тысяч триста два"
>66302<

    "солдат"
>soldier<
                 "готов выполнить"
>ready to comply<

"Perfect"

______________

  The new room she was put into was even worse than the others. Moldy walls. A broken table and scattered papers everywhere.

  But on the walls were new pictures. Ones she hadn't seen before and were fairly new. The photographs held camera footage of a man walking around in a suit.

  As she glared at all the pictures the doors opened again and the other soldier soon entered. Moving beside her to study the images posted on the wall.

  To the left was a table with a file in it telling the soldiers what their mission was to be.

  Inside were the directions and forms to fill out the mission reports.

      [This is a top secret mission. There will be armed guards along every corridor or path you take. Your objective is to eliminate embasador Harlen Smith in under 2 days. It is required that you attend the formal Ball held in the Le Méridien. More details will be instructed soon]

  After she finished reading the paper it was handed to the soldier and the opposite doors in the room opened to reveal a landing pad for their ride to the hotel.