But Only On The Weekends

Gon's POV:

Ever since Ging arrived, every day has been an adventure, but today is special, because it's Friday, and Ging's taking me and Killua camping for the weekend! I hum and skip through the halls, slow enough for Killua to stay by my side, on our journey to our next class.

The ball of excitement in my stomach won't go away and the rush of adrenaline is just waiting to hit me. I feel like taking a few laps around the track, but unfortunately our next class is physics so that's not happening. Still, nothing can dampen my mood, we're going camping!

"Gon! Slow down would ya?" Killua asks and I stop and turn to find him quite a ways behind me. I bring my hand to the back for my neck, a nervous habit, and stick my tongue out apologetically.

"Sorry Killua!" His serious look breaks into a tiny smile as his head falls forward to face the floor. His hair covers his face completely and it's so quiet in the noisy hall I almost miss the nearly inaudible "heh". Like his body wants to laugh but he doesn't for some reason. I push it away and pretend to think nothing of it.

It's been going on like this for some time now, I realize in the middle of class. Killua's been acting a bit funny, not like he used to when . . . actually, this all started the night Ging came home. Before that he was normal. Even at school that day he was fine. It all started the second after I told him Ging was home. He'd even said 'hello' just fine. Now everything sounds like a strain. I'd been too excited to notice the change right away, but it was ever-present at dinner, he kept spacing out.

Not to mention that dark look I caught before we sat down to eat. A shiver runs up my spine just thinking about it. He looked ready to kill, does Killua hate Ging for some reason?!? But they seemed to get along . . . ugh! I can't figure this out! My brain hurts.

Just then, Mr. Wing calls on me for something. He couldn't have worse timing. The bell, on the other hand, couldn't have better.

I don't bother walking out of physics, I run and jump so that Killua has to sprint to catch up with me. He does, finally, once I'm under the cherry blossom trees. More petals falling with the wind like every anime ever. Really makes me feel like I'm in one, some romance anime with me and Killua as the protagonists and love interests.

The thought makes me laugh, as if!

"We still on for this weekend?" Killua asks, and I nod.

"Yep! Don't forget anything! I gotta run so I can pack everything still!"

"Yes, I got that list you - you haven't packed yet?!?" Killua yells as what I said dawns on him. I stick my tongue out and my hand flies to my neck.

"Nope." I smile sheepishly at Killua's mock anger. This, this is normal Killua, it's the first time he's been this way since Ging's come.

"Baka." Killua curses playfully and that is enough to stop me in my tracks. That word, where was he raised? He didn't know 'let's eat' but he knows 'idiot'? We don't speak much of the language, heck no one knows what the language was called, but some things survived. It's not much but it ties us to the old world.

"You good?" Killua asks, and I snap out of it. I have so many questions but I keep pretending not to have them. I don't wanna scare him with my revelation just yet. Killua seems like the kind of person who can run far and fast if he needs to.

"Yeah," I tell him, then let my enthusiasm return "see you in a bit!" I smile big and wave as I run home to pack my things.

At home, I shove various clothes into my bright green stuff sack. I scramble around my room, gathering everything I might need and pushing it into the sack, as far down as it will go. I pull the draw string shut with all my might, and after it closes I stand over it with a sense of success.