Chapter 30 - Age

*SEVERUS POV*

Does he love me? Am I worthy?
Those were the questions I kept on asking myself. Just no matter how much I tried to stop these thoughts, they wouldn't leave my side, no matter what I did.

In the back of my mind, these thoughts were always there with me, though harry wasn't aware of these thoughts. I constantly felt like asking him, but I felt guilty doing so, therefore, I just simply didn't.

Both Harry and I hanging out and chatting. We were at Spinners End, of course, as Harry had moved in, just chatting about general things.
"Sev, your amazing." He said.
𝘈𝘮 𝘐? I thought to myself, not answering. Harry raised one eyebrow and hugged me.

"Are you okay?.. Severus?"
"Yeah. Yeah I'm fine Harry."
I replied, giving him a somewhat half smile.
"Severus." Harry said firmly, looking at me. My smile faded.
"No. No Harry, not really." I  admitted and Harry kissed my cheek. I held him close.
"I'll be alright love, please don't worry." I assured him.
"Could you tell me.. What's wrong..?" Harry asked me. I looked away. "Please?"

I nodded. "It's more of.. A question.. But I don't know. What would I know?" I said.
"A lot. You know a lot. Your the smartest person I know and I love that, but I love you."

*HARRY POV*

At that, Severus's eyes filled with tears. "Do you Harry?.."
"W-what do you mean Sev?"
"Do you.. Love me?.." I said, this time with a little more definition to it.

Like Severus, my eyes prickles with tears. I sobbed in his arms. 𝘋𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘪𝘮? I thought to myself.
"My Severus.. I love you more than anything.. Always!! What makes you think that I don't?"

Severus set me on his lap and cupped my cheek, his arm going to slide around my waist. He wiped my tears from my cheeks.
"I just thought.. That I'm just too.. Old for you.. That maybe you'd find another-"

I pinned Sev down before he could speak. Tears ran down my face. "NO!! NO DON'T SAY IT!! PLEASE DON'T SAY THAT SEVERUS TOBIAS SNAPE BECAUSE I LOVE YOU TOO MUCH, I WANT YOU MORE THAN I WANTED HERMIONE AND RON!! I WANT YOU MORE THAN I WANTED TO KNOW HOW TO DESTROY THE HORCRUXES! I WANT YOU MORE THAN I WANTED TO GET RID OF VOLDEMORT!! I FUCKING LOVE YOU!!" I yelled.

*SEVERUS POV*

I couldn't speak. Tears ran down my cheeks at his words.
I just pulled him close, kissing him softly. The moment was silent, the only thing that was heard was my lover's occasional sobs. I replied,
"I love you too darling."

Harry looked up at me and chuckled. I stared back. "Darling?" He smiled.
I flushed and smirked. "You want me to call you brat again? It wasn't COMPLETELY wrong, wasn't it?" I drawled.
"YOUR brat." Harry corrected.
"My brat." I replied in utter agreement, still chuckling.

*HARRY POV*

The next day, Severus was taking me somewhere, in which I had no idea where. I still felt slightly saddened that Sev hadn't believed that I did in fact love him, but I kept my brave face, plastering a smile on my lips.

He told me to close my eyes, leading me with my hand in his to a place, in which I could hear the familiar sound of seagulls squawking in the near distance. "Seagulls?" I asked hopefully, and he replied with a simple, "Yeah Harry."

"Open your eyes, darling." Sev instructed and my gaze was greeted with the sight of a people filled beach. There, on the sand sat a picnic blanket with a picnic blanket on top of it.

My eyes lit up and I hugged Severus tight. "Thank you."
I beamed at him thankfully and Sev gently ruffled my hair.
"I thought you'd like it. You have been.. Really stressed at the moment with everything going on, so I thought to do something for you like this."

At the remark, I hugged him even tighter. 𝘏𝘦'𝘴 𝘴𝘰 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘰 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴, I thought to myself, smiling. "I love you."

Severus pulled  me even closer than before and kissed me, his hands resting on my waist. We finally pulled away and he beamed at me and took me to sit while saying. "I love you too darling."

He had never failed to make me blush calling me 'darling' and I did just that, my face turning a subtle red and Severus chuckled, the blush noticeable. I chuckled too.

We are some food before Severus make the food suddenly disappear with a flick of his wand. We then layed down on the picnic blanket for a while, staring up into the watercolour sky.

It was dusk, making the sky a mix of different colours: pink, orange, yellow, red and a small amount of blue. My head turned to face Severus for a moment. He was quick to notice I was doing so.

"Your staring, Harry." He said cheerfully with a chuckle. I grinned. "Your so beautiful."

Severus soon shook his head.

"No. No I'm not. Your.. Wrong. I think so anyway.. I'm far from it, nobody ever loved me until now, ever." He remarked.
"Well now you have have me, and whether you like it or not, your beautiful. Your the most beautiful person I have literally EVER met." I argued.

Severus blushed and once again, though this time he was grinning too, shook his head.
"Whatever you say, you brat."
"Your brat." I corrected, menoevering my body to turn to Severus, who agreed with a simple, "My brat."

We sat there for a couple more minutes, enjoying the moment and savouring the night as much as possible. Sev gave me a swift kiss on my forehead and I have a smile in return and moved closer to him.

He hugged one arm around me and I drifted into a short nap in his arms. Little did I know, something good was awaiting me when I woke up.

A/N : Be excited my beans, I have finally gotten to this point, thank god. Sev is going to do something they both won't regret :D