I Was Born For Such A Time Like This

In these futile times, where all of humanity is at the knees of the world, we desire for closure.
How are we to know? Who do we trust, and can we trust?
We walk past strangers who place their trust in fear and words that "mean" something. They, or even more so we, mask this fear of own with only half truths.
Society has grown to walk into trouble. Embraced it really. I do not know if it's for the thrill of it, to hurt those around them, or if it's a coping mechanism that leads them to a false sense of happiness.
But who am I to dwell on their choices and misfortunes. For I too am only human after all. We have our own unique beauty about us. And yes, we are flawed too.
Time is of the essence. How long will we realise until it's too late? Let us not forget that we carry burdens, and in times like these, one should not carry it alone.
'No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another' and no one is useless regardless of their situation and how someone perceives them.
Some say all hope is lost for a person who is outwardly distraught and lost in the mind. It is only true if you make it out to be.
Time.
That's all we require to rewrite the script of society.
I was born for such a time like this.
We are all a flame in which we shine bright. Some may dim, some may burn brighter, and some may fade away. It will always and truly be the best of times and the worst of times.