2021

Empty thoughts.

Trying to conjure up "meaningful" thoughts that actually mean very little. What is there to do? That is to make life appear more alive. More vivid and daring. 

As the year 2020 ended, there was no real emotional attachment or memories to reminisce over.

It felt, dull.

The festive season felt ordinary and 2021 seems to carry the same aura about itself. I hesitate in my mind to write the word 'Jesus' or anything biblical or religious. 

Why?

It feels odd to mix creative writing and religious terms for me. To think we're masterpieces made and hand crafted specifically by God is unfair. 

For we are flawed imperfect humans who bathe in the luxuries of sin! 

The world says to "Do you", when Jesus says "Follow me". 

The world says "Love yourself", whilst Jesus says "Love your neighbours".

The world says "Follow your dreams", whilst Christ says "Do according to God's will".

Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. No one can enter the gates of the kingdom without Him.

It's quite ironic how the world's principles and values go against everything God stands for. We take pride in the very things that hurt others, that hurt ourselves. 

Why is it that we fall short of the glory of God?

We are shameless, prideful and much more. Somehow we still manage to be loved and are loved by God. Our faith may waver, our hope may be crushed, but our God is a loving God. We don't deserve anything, but He always provides us with everything we need.